Support Forums
Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Coding Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Forum: Visual Basic and the .NET Framework (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. (/showthread.php?tid=11572)

Pages: 1 2 3

Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - mandi - 08-27-2010

Me and my friend are on a way to develop a white-hat Application for encrypting key-strokes ..

you may think what is special in this Application?
ANS:We are going to study the working of key-loggers in detail(which i am sure most of guys know) and we going to anlayze the drawbacks from the already exsisting anti-keyloggers and we gonna make them as our new Application,

how this is different from key-scrambbler premium?

NS:I even found some Drawbacks in key-scrambler and also i have some new kind of ideas to avoid key-logging,also we can recitfy the draw backs from key-scrambbler and we can make our own stuff,I already have 1 guy who is willing to help me.,But i need some more interested guys for this task,I am sure it would take only a few days to develop it,I had planned to make the Application on vb.net(because of the simplicity),If needed i am ready to explain more about the project in pm..

If any body got bored and if you got some free time and some heart to help ,please consider my request and join us..

Hope i may get some volunteer's here....

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Xypher - 08-28-2010

You will have a hard time getting it to scramble things all the time.
The problem with most key scramblers is after a while they stop working until you restart them.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Omniscient - 08-28-2010

Don't be discouraged by comments. I believe software like this is valuable for commercial use.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Sam - 08-28-2010

I'll tell you this now. If you're successful with this idea then you could make allot of money. Think about how many massive company types would benefit from this; Banking, Government, Computer Safety

Good luck.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Xypher - 08-28-2010

It is definitely valuable, especially since keyloggers are becoming very popular again.
I had tried to make something like this and no matter what I tried, after about an hour it would stop scrambling ever word and would only do a couple words. I would give you my source to work off of, but I got rid of it. I was started to get head aches from it.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Fragma - 08-29-2010

Yeh key scramblers are very hard to code successfully. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - mandi - 09-01-2010

Thanks for your comments,any way i need some assistance from the coders here,because it is hard thing to achieve,So doing the project with
some experienced coders who is really willing to help will be useful atleast for now i need some ideas,
let me post some of my questions which i have found as drawback in a key-scrambler

1)It does not have strong persistance process,So it is easy to kill the process and terminate the Application

2)even tough it encrypts the key-strokes the crypto-algorithm is crackable

3)Key-scrambbler getting key-strokes from the kernel level,we can not gaurantee that it was the only program
getting the inputs from the kernel at first,We need to make sure our program was the only-one which should
get input key-strokes from the kernel first,I am puzzled at this stage,can any 1 tell me how to get the input
key-storkes from the kernel first?

4)Also even there are ways to kill a Application running in persistent mode,
How can we overcome this?I mean we need to make a strong mechnaism to protect our Application from being disabled or killed by batch files or by any other evil things?

And also i am inerested in including the following feautres

1)I Dont want the Application to be getting detected to Hacker who already compromised the victim's pc

2)what are the mechanism i should follow to hide the Application from the hacker?
Because only the computer user should know where the Application re-sides and it should not be deleted by hacker easily

3)Also instead of using the old authentication mechnaisms such as password,voice etc..
is it worthy to implement a password-seal(I hope many of the coders know about the latest password seal authentication method which has already being used in yahoo as an alternate for password)
can it provide more-reliability on the auntehntication part of Application?

Please do not flame or post any -ve comments,I took some time and i found the above drawbacks and ideas
Need some ideas from the members here to implement it..
Hope i will get useful ideas from the coders here Smile Smile

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - thanasis2028 - 09-02-2010

If you want to make your anti-keylogger unkillable, then one thing you can do is make another application that monitors your anti-keylogger and if the anti-keylogger is killed then this application will reopen it. (I hope I am explaining this properly). Moreover you can rename your anti-keylogger to something like explorer.exe or winlogon.exe so that the hackers think it is actually explorer and not something else.
Notice: I can help you with these but I don't about your other problems' solutions.

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - Mike - 09-02-2010

I can't understand what you're trying to do. I get a view of it but not the entire thing.
So you're trying to make an encrypted keylogger basically? Like... I type, "abc", comes out to "YuaA=="?

RE: Any one willing to do a white-hat Application? If yes please come in.. - thanasis2028 - 09-02-2010

(09-02-2010, 04:43 AM)Mike Wrote: I can't understand what you're trying to do. I get a view of it but not the entire thing.
So you're trying to make an encrypted keylogger basically? Like... I type, "abc", comes out to "YuaA=="?
No, something that protects from keylogging