Support Forums
Hotmail, Live, MSN - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Hotmail, Live, MSN (/showthread.php?tid=12686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - Bok1ca - 10-12-2010

Thanks for informing us. Smile

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - DAMINK™ - 10-12-2010

(10-12-2010, 09:43 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Am I the only person left using pop3?

Nope. I am also using pop3. Its simply what has worked for best over the years.
And your spot on. Having the local copies can be very valuable at times. Its saved me a few times actually.
About the other mail providers. Thats interesting. I never even considered that to be an issue.
But i have had problems like this before. Perhaps it was the same problem?
Good to know none the less.
Cheers for that.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - Untouch - 10-13-2010

I find gmail the most reliable email service, I have never had a problem with it.
Msn quite often gets problems.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - DAMINK™ - 10-13-2010

(10-13-2010, 01:40 AM)Untouch Wrote: I find gmail the most reliable email service, I have never had a problem with it.
Msn quite often gets problems.

Yup. Could not agree more.
I for years have used a combination actually.
Gmail (great spam prevention) then redirect to another (paid) email. And pop3 feed from that.
But Gmail kicks but IMHO. I joined up years and years ago. Like very early in the peace. Only invites.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - JMK940 - 10-13-2010

Omni I am also like you, I use pop3 on my own servers.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - NekoChan - 10-13-2010

(10-13-2010, 02:12 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Yup. Could not agree more.
I for years have used a combination actually.
Gmail (great spam prevention) then redirect to another (paid) email. And pop3 feed from that.
But Gmail kicks but IMHO. I joined up years and years ago. Like very early in the peace. Only invites.

Gmail, a great spam prevention? Make me laugh some more.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - Thomas - 10-13-2010

Microsoft does this all the time! One time they blocked our local university's email addresses for no apparent reason.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - Respecт - 10-13-2010

(10-11-2010, 01:43 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Apparently all emails for the service providers of Microsoft (MSN, Hotmail, and Live) are being rejected as part of a blocklist on my IP.

I'm investigating now and looking for a solution. Apologies for any inconvenience.

I don't understand completely, they blocked their services on your IP? Or what?

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - Omniscient - 10-13-2010

When emails are sent from my server they block it as a rejected IP sender. At least they did. I'll do some testing tomorrow. I expect their block is only temporary.

RE: Hotmail, Live, MSN - DAMINK™ - 10-14-2010

(10-13-2010, 01:31 PM)NekoChan Wrote: Gmail, a great spam prevention? Make me laugh some more.

I receive on average 150 emails a day from various places.
My gmail address has been active for years.
The amount of spam that gets through gmail is like .01%
It catches on average twice as many emails as spam as i get real ones.
So in the area of 300 spammy emails a day.
99.9% of the time the spam filter is full of only spam. On a rare occasion (new site etc) i will have to take a post out of spam once to allow.
But again i stand by what i said. Gmail is great for detecting spam.
If you think msn and other free ones is better then feel free to laugh my friend.