Support Forums
Moderator Applications - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Support Forum Information (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Site News and Feedback (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Moderator Applications (/showthread.php?tid=41)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Moderator Applications - AceInfinity - 09-28-2010

I wouldn't mind helping out the forum community.

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT -6 Hours
3. What's your internet connection speed? 54Mb/second (Mbps)
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Mostly the computer security and coding/programming and webmaster topics. Although I do show a sense of interest in GFX as well.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 10-14 hours per week
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Ensuring that people follow the rules, know the boundaries that everyone else has to follow including myself. And making sure that I keep things fair and contribute to quality posts continuing to help others as I do now.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? I know the limitations of having "power" like this, and I don't take things down to a personal level. I'm fairly willing to answer questions in a non-biased way if users ask for something and I add in my advice on the side.

RE: Moderator Applications - ϟ ⓇⓞⓎⓐⓁ ⓇⓐⓘⓃ ϟ - 10-05-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?

-I am exactly 16 years old.

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)

-UTC/GMT -5 hours

3. What's your internet connection speed?

-16.21 download speed.
-2.70 upload speed

4. What topics interest you most at SF?

-I am most interested in hearings people's stories about their lives and the problems they have so i can help them out. I also like talking in the Gamer section hearing about games that people have played and learning games. Also i am very interested in computer security and computer help.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate?

-I can moderate about 28 hours a week i am on my computer a lot.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?

-I would moderate the subject that i am supposed to moderate, I would help anybody that is in need of help, I am very dedicated to this site and Hackforums. I will do whatever you would like me to do.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?

-Of course i will be able to keep a level head as a moderator. I do not have that many posts but i can assure you that I am a HQ member, if you would like to check out my Hackforums account you will see that i am a HQ member on that site, and i am willing to do the same on this site

RE: Moderator Applications - Lemons Kushy - 10-23-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?Yes.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT, london, time
4. What topics interest you most at SF?Computing.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?from 6pm til 11pm monday to saturday
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?Searching reports
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?Yes

RE: Moderator Applications - JasonMandela - 10-25-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes, I'm 19
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT
3. What's your internet connection speed? 9-10 Mbps
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Academics, Lounge & Money making
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 40-50
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I dont think being a moderator would really change anything from myself now, obviously i would have a duty but im always helpful to anybody that asks me, i give my best answer or i will try my best to find out.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yeah sure, If i click on a forum i usually click the top 8-10 just to see what its about, so if I'm a moderator then i can be keeping an eye on everything whilst being discrete about things (::

RE: Moderator Applications - -paradox- - 10-25-2010

I'm 20 and I act my age, if not more mature.

UTC-06:00 Central Time (USA & Canada)

Download - 21.10Mb/s
Upload 4.66MB/s

• -Omni's Secret Hidden Inside Tricks
    -Emotional Support
    -Healthy Living and Lifestyle

This is a little difficult to answer because of the holidays coming up but as you know I'm very active here and on HF. I'm almost always on, hours spent a week however I'm not sure.

Keeping the Support Forums clean of low quality posts and ridding it of any rule breaking.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? I'm very level headed, I always keep my cool. I think my posts through before posting, it's much easier to keep yourself in check online than it is in real life. It astonishes me that people are not able to do this.

Other Notes :
    There was a very low quality poster here today and that's why I decided to take this opportunity and apply for staff. I didn't realize how upset it would make me that we had an extremely low quality poster.

RE: Moderator Applications - Brandon - 10-25-2010

Oh, I'd love to apply Smile

Yes

GMT-7

Like 6-8 MB/s

Computing, webmaster, and life support to a lesser extent.

20+

As a moderator, I would take time doing reports and finding bad posts. Usually I go through the today's / new posts anyways.

Yes, I am.

RE: Moderator Applications - Resistance - 10-25-2010

If you are interested in being a moderator on SF please make a reply and answer these questions.

I ask that you do not post in this thread anything but applications.

No, truth is the best policy. I'm 14. But I sure know what i'm doing, that i'll promise. People call me "immature" "oh stop being like that" "your not allowed in this group", wait, wait, wait, I can join the forum and i'm 14, yet I can't join the group on the forum. I truly laugh, 1 year makes a HUGE difference whether I can help people over the internet or not. Regardless, calling someone immature is immature.
Pacific Time Zone
5/6 Megabits per second.
I would have to say the following: PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support, Virus Removal, Hijack This Logs, and Support, Computer Security, Firewalls, and Antivirus, Visual Basic and the .NET Framework, Microsoft Support and Emotional Support.
I can moderate at least a total of 10 hrs + 30 min to 12 hrs and 30 min. I have a life, homework, friends to go out with, I am young, though I love my computer Oui
I will utilize my time as a moderator by glancing through threads, carefully, I am a very careful man, watching for any trolls, questions about SF and moderate the website by checking if everything is in order such as appropriate topics in appropriate topics move them and remove them, obviously not for personal reasons. I am also an active poster, always willing to post everyday, I really enjoy SF a lot; best forums I have ever found since Pro-Coders.com, not trying to suck up here, being serious.
Yes I am capable of keeping an up-to-date level with things going around. That I know.

RE: Moderator Applications - Reality - 10-25-2010

- EST -05:00
- [Image: 1004640485.png]
- Computing overall, I have a pretty good knowledge of Windows and Linux, and I would love to get those sections more active while "Quintus" is busy with the HJTS.
- About 3-8 Hours per day, I believe.
- I would be sort of reserved, and I would not abuse my privileges, if any are given. I have been staff on other sites as well as admin. At first other people did not believe in me but they have grown to trust me and I see myself as doing well.
- Yes.

RE: Moderator Applications - The Elite - 10-27-2010

I am fifteen years old but will be turning sixteen extremely soon. I might be younger, but I am extremely mature and experienced as a 16 year old.
2. What time zone are you in? (GMT -/+X)
GMT+10 (Sydney - Australia)
I have an internet speed of approximately 15MB-20MB/s.
There are many topics and forums which interest me the most. Some forums are:
Money Making and Finances
Website Development
Money Making Online
As well as other forums. I mainly like webmaster and monetizing discussion due to my knowledge and skill in it.
I'm on approximately 4 hours on weekdays and 6-8 on weekends. I can offer about 35-40 hours a week moderating.
As a Moderator/Staff member, I would continuously post and keep my activity up, as well as assisting members with questions, locking and closing threads which abuse Site rules and policies. I will also uphold the high quality of Support Forums.
As a Moderator I would naturally uphold a level head while completing my responsibilities. I have owned multiple forums and am a Moderator on Hackforums. Also, as a Reviewer leader on Hackforums I am trusted to continuously manage the group to continue it's role. I would be very mature while doing what is necessary.

RE: Moderator Applications - Diabolic - 10-28-2010

1. Are you at least 16 years old?: 17 nearly 18.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT +1 but change to GMT 0 on the weekend.
3. What's your internet connection speed? 54mbps.
4. What topics interest you most at SF? Computer Section.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? Over 6 hours a day.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I would use it wisely to check forums for spam and warn members who break rules etc.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, I am always mature and will help out were ever needed.