Support Forums
Suicide Prevention - Printable Version

+- Support Forums (https://www.supportforums.net)
+-- Forum: Categories (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Forum: Life Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Emotional Support (https://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Suicide Prevention (/showthread.php?tid=15080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Suicide Prevention - Infinity - 11-30-2011

(11-28-2011, 08:57 PM)Rainbow Dash Wrote: I know it sound arrogant, but suicide is selfish. Think of the people that car about you before you do anything. Think of how it may affect them.

That's the thing, most people that commit suicide don't automatically go to thinking about the people that care about them. All they can think about are the people who don't care and the people who've done things to them. It doesn't sound arrogant is just sounds selfish of you. If people are going to commit suicide let's say they look at this post first, you're just another person who's here insulting them etc. Most people that even think about it have been through a lot, it may not seem a lot to you but to them it's a lot. I have to agree that it's selfish but at the same time wouldn't you look out for your best interest if nothing you've done is ever right? When someone says something about you, you go into automatic defend mode. You don't stop and say oh wait my mom might not support this idea, because once the adrenalin is pumping it's going. So just outright calling them selfish isn't what they need. What they need is someone to sit to them and talk to them and prove that there are people who care. To calm them down to a rational head to give them time to think about things. Some people go through a lot on a daily basis and it's not our place to tell them they are selfish because of their choice. It may be in our head but it should never be voiced. Not arguing with you I'm just saying don't be insensitive to other people's feelings. Sometimes the things you say and do, could be what prevents that person from going over the edge.

Also this was a nice thread from the OP.

RE: Suicide Prevention - User Bars - 12-04-2011

This is a great thread, I must say.
Hopefully it serves it's purpose and prevents people from doing such a sad deed.

RE: Suicide Prevention - Sodomy - 12-06-2011

(11-30-2011, 08:31 AM)Infinity Wrote: That's the thing, most people that commit suicide don't automatically go to thinking about the people that care about them. All they can think about are the people who don't care and the people who've done things to them. It doesn't sound arrogant is just sounds selfish of you. If people are going to commit suicide let's say they look at this post first, you're just another person who's here insulting them etc. Most people that even think about it have been through a lot, it may not seem a lot to you but to them it's a lot. I have to agree that it's selfish but at the same time wouldn't you look out for your best interest if nothing you've done is ever right? When someone says something about you, you go into automatic defend mode. You don't stop and say oh wait my mom might not support this idea, because once the adrenalin is pumping it's going. So just outright calling them selfish isn't what they need. What they need is someone to sit to them and talk to them and prove that there are people who care. To calm them down to a rational head to give them time to think about things. Some people go through a lot on a daily basis and it's not our place to tell them they are selfish because of their choice. It may be in our head but it should never be voiced. Not arguing with you I'm just saying don't be insensitive to other people's feelings. Sometimes the things you say and do, could be what prevents that person from going over the edge.

Also this was a nice thread from the OP.

i couldn't agree more, every time i have thought of suicide i only thought of the reasons why i hate living or the hard times. Its kind of like when your healthy for so long you take it for granit, then when your sick you thinks its the worse thing int he world. When people care about you and things are good in life you dont appreciate it enough, and when life deals you a crap hand thats the only thing you can think about. I never thought about how lucky i was or how much people loved me. the worst thing you could do is speak without thinking while a person whos contemplating suicide is involved.

very solid well put together thread op

RE: Suicide Prevention - ๖ۣۜNix - 12-06-2011

This forum helps many people.

I remember when my sister used to be like this.

RE: Suicide Prevention - MineCrack - 01-04-2012

A great friend of mine is like this. I'm thinking about making a new email account then pasting this in to show him.

RE: Suicide Prevention - Pikachu - 01-05-2012

You should sum it up into a paragraph.

Someone who is desperate for help isn't going to read it all.

Good TuT man.

RE: Suicide Prevention - Crystal - 02-09-2012

nice share there OP. Sad u got banned/closed ur account...

RE: Suicide Prevention - NekoChan - 02-09-2012

Louis CK: If a single(relationship status) died, nobody would care. Maybe your mom cries a bit, but that's all.
Parents in the other hand can't die.

RE: Suicide Prevention - unknown - 03-17-2012

(12-25-2010, 11:22 PM)Reality Wrote: Also note, that suicide isn't really worth it for the reason that... well first let's begin with how people usually blame God even when they were Atheistic up until their suicidal thoughts for 'giving them such a bad life,' well let's not consider life as great for being given the ability to live, but let's consider it crappy because people don't like us.

Anyway, in the bible (somewhere), it states that once you're in Heaven you no longer feel any pains and you don't remember and of the pain your went through, making suicide virtually useless.

Have you ever read the Bible?
It dosen't state you "don't remember" jack crap!
In face, if you end your life, it states you will burn in lake of fire for all of eternity.
Where'd you get your info from?

RE: Suicide Prevention - ★Beastly★ - 03-19-2012

This is nice of you to share, I never had any thought but I will share this with some of my friends.