Support Forums

Full Version: Zedo pop unders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've only noticed this lately (last few weeks or so) that FFv2.0.0.4 allows the Zedo pop under ads while Internet Explorer does not.

I've googled for answers regarding "How to prevent" and/or remove and nothing I find works.

These pop ups only occur while visiting my local news web site although I'm sure they would appear elsewhere if I found some other site that uses that technology...I just don't go many places on the web.

However, I do like to peruse my local news pages but the pop unders are maddening. I never see or notice them until I close the browser but, depending on how many different stories I clicked on, the number of pop under web pages are spread all over my screen.

The name of the pop up server is c1.zedo.com...that name appears on each and every pop under window. I've added that domain to my hosts file but all that does is allow the pop under window to show up with the "unable to connect" error message in it.

Does anyone know how I can prevent the pop under windows from coming up in the first place? I've tried everything I know.

I run a tight ship (security) but none of my security packages will recognize these pop under windows.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Maybe you have the site that the popups are coming up on in the Popup Allow list?
Hey, thanks for the reply...but, no I have no exceptions at all listed in the Block pop-up windows section.

Would you like me to post a link to my local news station so you can test it?
Sure, if you don't mind.
Go into FF preferences. Under content click the advanced box next to "enable javascript". Uncheck the "Raise or lower windows" box. That should keep those things from reappearing. If you uncheck "enable javascript" then some sites won't look right (like gmail, which uses .js for chat and stuff).
Another idea would be to install NoScript.

I've been doing some research on this as one site I visit, newsobserver.com, always hits me with a zedo popup. Apparently they are "allowed" to do one per day, which is one too many for me.