Support Forums

Full Version: browser download window settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you click on a download link the firefox browser gives you options:
open with ____
Save to HD
glashGot

lately, the "open with ____ " option vanished off that download pop-up, and i really want to replace it. I've looked everywhere but i cannot find the settings to change/configure that window.

Thanks for any kind of support.
Tools > Options > Main > Downloads
and check Always ask me where to save files.

Maybe that's it?
Try highlighting it then right click on it. That might work also?
@Xenion
uhm, well, that only toggles between where to save it and the default(being the desktop). It's odd, because it should be in that tab somewhere with the location setting.

@PoisonDart
right clicking what exactly? when i click on a download link, or in that same page in settings? I tried it in a few odd places, but never with any results.

I noticed when i to hit a dl link and that small window appears, if i toggle the "always do this action for this type of file", there's a little mssg that says to go to tools -> Options -> content tab to change make changes, but it does't contain the feild that i'm looking for....

Anyone else?
Maybe you should try Tools > Options > Content > File Types > Manage. If a certain file type you want to have the "open with" is in there click "Remove Action" while it is selected.

See how that works, and lemme know!
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Maybe you should try Tools > Options > Content > File Types > Manage. If a certain file type you want to have the "open with" is in there click "Remove Action" while it is selected.

See how that works, and lemme know!

Yes, i checked that area out too. The problem is, when i look in the list that "manage" brings up it doesn't contain the items i often download with Firefox (for ex .mp3 .torrent .jpg and etc). Thing is, there isn't a way to introduce new file extensions there. Typing one of those in to the blank field does nothing.

Totally puzzling, isn't it?:|
opps, the page double psted my mssg, so srry
Maybe when you download it, you need to select an action, (random action) then go in there and change it ?
Xenion Wrote:Maybe when you download it, you need to select an action, (random action) then go in there and change it ?

I tried dling a small file, and then instead of hitting ok went to Tools > Options > Content > Filetype (manage), but i didn not see that file type extension in the list. Is that what you mean?

Oddly enough, when i do download through the firefox browser and that window *does* appear starts as the regular 3 option one, but glitches after a fraction of a second and reverts to the 2 option one only.
I think he meant actually download it, and click OK, then go in and change the action.
Pages: 1 2