Support Forums

Full Version: SpreadFirefox Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's something I found on SpreadFirefox and I thought it was interesting..

Quote:I think this is the biggest hurdle to get people onto firefox.

I have so many friends i know who for no clear reason dont want to try Firefox, they know i am a technician, they get me round to clean up their spyware, they complain about the problems with IE, but they dont want to use Firefox?

They are worried that installing other programs on their PC will make it unstable etc.

They are using IE7 now, which in all fairness will make it more secure to some extent, but with windows XP, i have found in their case, and many others, that it just stops working, or causing all sorts of problems, that overload the MS KB.

Then when you remove IE, IE6 does not work, and you have to end up with IE7, i reinstalled it, and it works again for now anyway.

but they ended up not liking it because it is so much different than IE6.

they asked for it so it is their problem, anyway, a simple firefox install would have fixed all the problems with using ie7, and saved a lot of time and expense.

what is it with people who only trust Microsoft products and nothing else.

i personally hate ie7 and find it harder to use, and cluttered, there is no history button, you have to click on menu, and find it there, most people i know dont like it much either.

I have heard several reports of ie7 not working properly with vista, of much surprise to me, Microsoft was supposedly trying to fix the problem.

i just wish that more people would at least try Firefox, rather than relying on IE, and believing everything that MS tells them is true.

Here is just some of the few phrases that i have heard from customers.

"it said that ie7 will make your pc more secure", "i was told ie7 will make your PC faster", "it said you will have more reliable internet with pages displaying properly".

I have more customers complain to me about Internet Explorer than anything else related to windows. luckily, most will accept Firefox, however there are the stubborn ones who still like IE, i even have customers wanting to install IE7 on windows98, ME and win2k. Im glad i can say to them "IE7 will not work on your OS"

However even then some dont want firefox, and will rather use IE5.

The good news is that at least most people i have switched to Firefox , enjoy it and have kept using it.

Hopefully the other percentage will start to switch to it in the end.