Support Forums

Full Version: How to install Firefox for Ubuntu 7.04!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.) Download the officially compiled binary tarball fo Firefox from:
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

2.) Unpack the tarball to a temp place, e.g.
Code:
tar xzvf firefox-2.0.0.3.tar.gz -C /tmp/

3.) In the terminal window type the following command(and input your password afterwards):

Code:
sudo cp /tmp/firefox/libxpcom* /usr/lib/firefox/

4.) Run firefox
Also placing it into /opt/ will work too ;)

Dr Small
I don't remember how we installed mine.. Did we do all that, or something different?
That sounds very complicated so If i ever get ubuntu i hopefully wont have to uninstall firefox!! Then I would just die of the steps. That sounds very very complicated and I don't think I could follow all that.
Aww, it's not that hard. Expcecially when you have a tech living in the next room. Tongue
hah I have the tech living down the road does that count?
Reckon it does. He's just a telephone call away. Or, if you had a walkie talkie, even closer. Tongue
Yep but walkie talkie telephone wouldnt be any closer then i'd be closer from my nose to my face.
Walking or riding a bike to him might be easier though.. Tongue
Hello
On next week i will download ubuntu Operating system in my pc and then after i want to install fire fox browser. But problem is that i am not familiar with Fire fox and have no idea about how to install fire fox. I need help to install and it is very necessary for me because my all works have done over a Internet. Help me.
Pages: 1 2