Support Forums

Full Version: Re-opening involves rebooting....WhazUp wid dat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone (and even some i've missed) Here's the thing...I am a creature of habit at my computer. I may not be the most efficient user of my desktop or flipping through other programs while i'm browsing with FF...

During sessions where i have closed FF and want to re-open it during the same session; nothing happens...the hourglass icon appears (tease:S )
and then it goes away and FF remains dormant. To get the browser back i have to reboot my computer. I don't <i>mind</i>, but it's a little aggravating ....

Has anyone had this problem? And, Oh,...by the way; it doesn't happen all the time; there doesn't seem to be a pattern between programs i'm running and this little annoyance. (i.e.; yesterday....iTunes +Inbox email+bittorrent + Word 2003...........then closed email and FF to work on Documents and shuffle music files...tried to relaunch FF.....Nope! Had to reboot...today it seems to be working)

Ps...that ' blue e ' works fine and when this type of thing happens i am FORCED to go Corporate
...Help!
instead of rebooting, try this. open the task manager (control + alt + delete) and look for an instance of firefox. if you see one kill it and try again.
If this doesn't work try reinstalling firefox.
My mom's does this sometime's when she has a lot of programs running at the same time...

But yeah. Try going into the task manager and click that tab that I believe starts with a P.. Can't remember exactly though. Look down through it and see if there is a firefox.exe or something to that effect.
I've made a note (literally ) and will try this when it happens again...

I downloaded FoxyTunes...the FF download mgr. went thumbs up for installing, but nothing happened. It told me i was successful and it had installed, but there is nothing on FF that shows FT is there at all. I don't want to download everything again. Is there a way to force it to load? Do i need another extension or add-on to make FT work?

Thanks in advance...
Jougukny
Sounds like a browser mess-up to me. . Maybe you should try reinstalling. :S