Support Forums

Full Version: IE8 wont let me log in to any site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have tried to log in to youtube, facebook, my college website, etc. but when i press "enter" it takes me back to the log in page. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Cursed Wrote:Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, use firefox.

Seriously, just use firefox. It is infinitely better than IE.
Honestly, I don't know what the problem is. But, I agree with MreGSX: use FF.
I have to log in to my college website, and it says that I can only use IE for that. That is the only reason I use IE. So, does anyone know a fix?
Yer its saying you have to but i bet it will work just fine with Firefox.

I would also like to say IE8 or any IE is not secure for Internet browsing its just a program Microsoft slapped into there operating system with little thought after they did it.
There's no reason as to why you need to use IE.
Hello there,

Have you attempted to re-boot your computer, and test if it works then? If not, I recommend doing so. Next, if that has no effect, please try to un/re-install Internet Explorer. Please post your results.

-LS.
When into problems like this, I always use another browser.
So say if i can't log into a website, I will go from chrome, to firefox!

This is my first step in trouble shooting, which is irrelevant in your case, due to you not being able to log into many different sites. (this would tell me if it is the site, or the browser messing up)

If you go into settings, look around for an option to do with secure connections. I would help but IE never installed correctly on this system, and i never use it anyway.
(10-09-2009, 08:00 PM)Lord_Scorch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there,

Have you attempted to re-boot your computer, and test if it works then? If not, I recommend doing so. Next, if that has no effect, please try to un/re-install Internet Explorer. Please post your results.

-LS.

Made me laugh!
So formal, for such a simple recommendation.
Haha, but good to see your helping out.
[Image: webber.jpg]
No, I think it can only use ie. i know several sites like that. im guessing none of u know.. so thx anywa
Try clearing your cache and cookies etc. After that try again and post here.
Pages: 1 2