Support Forums

Full Version: Sorry, two things I hate with 2.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where to post this, but I'll start here. I subscribed to this forum specifically because I believe firefox has gone downhill with 2.x. Until this time, mozilla/firefox was unbeatable in my mind.

#1 complaint: The X out button on tabs was changed. Now if you have 6 tabs open and want to close the last 3, you cant just hover over a NON-MOVING x button to close them quickly (click click click ).
Now you have to keep adjusting to where the X is on the tab after the last tab closes. This is horrible. Why use tabs? You can have the x on the tabs and at the top right... let's have both if nothing else.

#2: If the above wasn't bad enough, to further make tabbing harder to deal with, they put a scroll bar on the tab bar. On a very regular basis i open way more tabs and hate dealing with the scroll bar. If you have to have a scroll bar (i understand why you put it on there), at least give me the option of controlling when it appears. Or make the default 30 tabs instead of the small number that it is.

#3: this is terrible... i felt like i was back in IE. Auto-searching from the address bar. OMG, how i hate this. You type in a url... you mistype one character, and before you know it, the browser has gone to some search engine or some almost close page. Now i have to waste time for it to finish loading, or hit stop. Then i hit back, and viola, all the crap i just typed in is gone. I gotta type FROM SCRATCH, everything. And all the time wasted on loading a page i dont care about is the worst i tell you. At least in IE you can turn this off in advanced tab in options.

please, someone fix my firefox!

plz.

dude
Bah, stop whinging. If you don't like FF2, go back to 1.5. Personally, I think that in most ways, FF2 is leaps and bounds ahead of FF1.5.

But, if you really were that angry about it, you'd go and mod the XUL files yourself, thus showing yet again that FF is the best 'cause it is way easier to mod than IE or Opera.
The only thing I don't like in FF2 is that I can't seem to get the spell check corrector to work. It shows me what's misspelled, but it can't do anything about it. Other than that, I prefer FF2.
I've not yet found a thing wrong with my Firefox 2. Everything seems to work A-OK. Smile