Support Forums

Full Version: All Over The Place - Totally Confused !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

Well, please bear with me because I am new to Firefox and Thunderbird.

Basically, I have been having huge amounts of fun searching all that Mozilla Firefox has to offer in Add-Ons, Extensions blah blah blah.

The outcome - Millions of bookmarks randomly saved. There are just so many sites linked to Firefox that I want to search them all, so I simply "add this tab to bookmarks" every time. Now of course, I struggle to find the bookmark that I want. Do I bookmark the Tab, Page or the Link...????

EXTENSIONS and ADD-ONS gallore, where are they all..?? How do I apply them usefully.

The CONTEXT menu is so long that I can barely find what I'm looking for.

VIEW SEARCH SIDEBAR. Got it, but don't know much else. I have added some extra search engines but can't seem to find them now. I use Web Search Pro.

So I guess what I'm asking (well, begging really!!) is for someone to magically reorganise me with the best add-ons etc, and help to bookmark and totally organise everything. There are just so many great features that I simply went to town and downloaded tons!

I guess it would be helpful to supply you with what exactly I have added. I am going to take screen shots and post. I take screen shots by using the Print Screen Button (with Ctrl Alt for partial page), Copy to Paint, save to my documents, upload with Photobucket and then post. Is there a much easier and quicker way??

I know I'm asking alot, but as the saying goes...."If you don't ask, you don't get..."

Humbly - Thanks
:gasp::gasp:
Firstly for your bookmark problem, I would begin by creating folders in there. Just rightclick anywhere in the bookmark menu and click New Folder. Then start dragging your bookmarks in.

For the extensions, you can find them here --> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/extensions/
I would just get the ones I'd see I needed. Here is a list of mine, incase you'd like to see:

Generated: Fri Mar 23 2007 09:24:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
Build ID: 2007030919

Enabled Extensions: [21]
- Add Bookmark Here 0.5.5
- BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.6
- ColorZilla 1.0
- dragdropupload 1.5.22
- FireFTP 0.94.6
- FlashGot 0.5.98.070302
- Google Images Re-Linker 0.4
- Greasemonkey 0.6.7.20070131.0
- LoremIpsum Content Generator 0.4.3
- MeasureIt 0.3.6
- Menu Editor 1.2.3
- MinimizeToTray 0.0.1.2006102615+
- MR Tech Local Install 5.3.2.3
- Remove It Permanently 1.0.6.3
- Stop Autoplay 0.4.3
- StumbleUpon 3.04
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.5.2
- Talkback 2.0.0.3
- TimeTracker 1.2.2
- Torbutton 1.0.4
- TryAgain 2.0
Total Extensions: 24

Regarding your Context Menu, you should get the 'Menu Editor' extension (should be on my list)
Hi Firefoxwiz

Thanks so much for replying and for your list of extensions. How can I list all of mine in a post like you have just done - same goes for the add-ons.

Thanks
You will need to get - MR Tech Local Install 5.3.2.3 and install it, then go to Tools > My Config > Copy - BBCode (Clipboard).
Then paste it into a new reply and post it.

To download MR Tech Local Install, please see here:
http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/

Dr Small
Ok, first you will need to download Mr Tech Local Install (which I believe is on my list)
Once installed, rightclick beside the navigation bar and click Customize. Find the icon that says My Config underneath it, and drag it onto the toolbar.

Now, click on the little arrow beside the icon, and click on Copy - BBCode (Clipboard). And now you can paste it into your posts. Smile

*EDIT
Rats, Dr Small, you beat me to it. Tongue*
Hey, thanks to you both.!!

I had actually already just come across Mr Tech Local somewhere in this forum!!

[Image: EXT.jpg]

Any ideas as to how to organise my multiple search engines to be more specific to my needs. They seems to be all over the place at the moment.

And just for added pictorial benefit I have attached the following. It will give you a very clear view of the population overload !! Thanks Guys

[Image: Tools.jpg]

[Image: Tools-1.jpg]

[Image: WebSearchPro.jpg]

[Image: ViewBar.jpg]
Ooops, looks like my Mr Tech / Config didn't exactly hit the spot!! What did I do wrong ??
Hey FFW (sorry, had to shorten it cos I have a feeling we might be in contact a fair amount!!)

How would you rate : Remove It Permanently Vs Erase Vs Shred File
Erase & Shred File? What are they?
* Dr Small wonders what all the pictures above was for ?!
Pages: 1 2