Support Forums

Full Version: I want firefox 2.0 with ctl support enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I am a firefox 2.0.0.1 user. My primary OS is Slackware Linux, though I use Ubuntu sometimes. My problem is that the firefox package that comes along with Slackware doesn't support Complex Text Layout that is essential for the proper rendering of Indic fonts for languages like Hindi. Though the package that comes along with Ubuntu supports this feature by default. I tried compiling firefox with ctl enabled from source but 45 minutes into the compile, I got some error messages and the compile aborted. I don't remember the exact error messages now.
I want to know where from I can download firefox with ctl support enabled.
Try Downloading the new 2.0.0.2 build. This *MAY* contain the CTL libraries. Don't count your chickens though.

The closest I've got on my mind is this, but that is for the Mozilla suite and NOT Firefox. There are also some DANGEROUSLY old builds knocking around. Don't use this.

Wait, hold a second. The (quite,but not too) unstable Firefox 3 Alpha 2 uses the Thebes C++ wrapper for cairo. This is (apparently) containing the CTL libraries. Uncertain as usual, but this is probably your best bet.
Hi Mike,
You are my savior, :-) . FF 3.0 alpha does support ctl. I have downloaded it and at present I am using it. Though most of the add-ons  have become dysfunctional but still I know that they will be available to me as FF 3.0 reaches maturity.
:firefoxlove:
Good job, Mike. I didn't even know what a CTL was.. (and still don't..)
Another happy customer.

That'll be £400, please.

Tongue

Mike