Support Forums

Full Version: Red Steel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm in a very good mood right now.

Why?

I just completed Red Steel. Awesome Game.

Anyone else here play (or played) Red Steel?

Mike
Never heard of it before, Mike. What's it about?

Congrats on your good mood. Tongue
Could you give us a link to play Red Steel?

Dr Small
Hay, well done. I had a go on that on my flat mate's wii. Couldn't get used to the controls Tongue
But... But... What is it about?!
Stolen from Wikipedia:

Red Steel is a first person shooter video game published by Ubisoft for Nintendo's Wii console. It was developed by the Ubisoft Paris studio and was unveiled in the May 2006 issue of Game Informer. Red Steel was the first game for the Wii platform to release in-game screenshots, thus giving the public an idea of what the console was capable of. It was released on November 16, 2006, three days before Nintendo's seventh generation console, Wii. A version of the game was playable during E3.

Gameplay segment:

The game takes full advantage of Wii's unique motion-sensitive controller, along with the Nunchuk attachment, to control a katana and a firearm. The game is extremely immersive (e.g. twisting the controller while handling the gun causes the on-screen gun to twist as well). Players can push objects to use them as cover by pushing the controller forward. Shaking the Nunchuk attachment or pressing "right" on the D-Pad reloads the gun. The player can also lob grenades in a more realistic fashion, with underhand or overhand, employing the controller as the object being thrown.
I got it too. I like the feeling, but some of the graphics and enemy's are too poor.

I have beaten about 80% of the game Smile
I know what you mean. They just seem to walk into my bullet stream. And the sword fights are Waaaaay too repetitive. They should have done it like the L+R combo in RE4 IMO.
Yeah, I hope they'll fix it in the Red Steel 2. I could be very cool with some REAL sword fightings (1:1 motion) and some smarter enemy's Smile
The enemy always seems to be in the same spot in every game I've played. In Halo, the enemy is in the same spot every time, in First to Fight the enemy is in the same spot (unless you play FTA (fire team arena) Tongue
Pages: 1 2