Support Forums

Full Version: FF 2.0 & Yahoo messenger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read on a site somewhere that FF2 and Yahoo messenger had some sort of conflict and that I needed to disable something in Yahoo messenger.

My PC has since needed maintanance and I have had to reinstall both FF 2 and yahoo messenger.

Can anyone tell me what the conflict is and how to resolve it. Whenever I logged into my Yahoo home page or email, FF2 would close.

Thanks in advance.

vantage!
I've never had Yahoo! Instant Messenger, so I wouldn't know of a remedy for it, except for I would dump YIM and get GAIM Tongue (My Personal Opinion.)

But I've never heard of this problem, never had it, and never heard of a solution.
So, maybe one of the other guys will know how to fix this....

Dr Small
The only thing I found was this:

The two primary causes of unusual behavior in Mozilla Firefox and Yahoo! Toolbar are:

* corrupt profile
* extension conflicts

Your user profile can become corrupt if the browser crashed or your computer halted unexpectedly. The following steps resolve many common problems with Mozilla Firefox.

First, update all your extensions and themes. Due to the large number of extensions that have been written for Mozilla Firefox, it is impossible to test every possible permutation and combination. Extension conflicts happen frequently, causing extension authors to release updated versions of their extensions as problems are discovered. If you have any Firefox extensions installed, check to make sure you have the most recent versions installed by doing the following:

* Select "Options" from the "Tools" menu
* Select the "Advanced" tab in the Options window
* In the "Software Update" section ensure that "My Extensions and Themes" is checked
* Click "Check Now" to check for updates for your extensions
* Install any updated extensions that are found
* Restart your browser

If you are still seeing problems, your user profile may be corrupt, or you may still have an extension conflict. Start Firefox in "Safe" mode from the "Mozilla Firefox" folder and see if the problem persists. If yes, you need to create a new user profile.

If the problem does not persist, you are most likely suffering from an extension conflict. Uninstall the extension you most recently installed and see if the problem persists. Typically, the problem will disappear and you should report the bug to the extension author.

(Found from Yahoo! Help - Toolbar)