Support Forums

Full Version: My Small Inactivity Problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do most of my browsing on Linux, but the reason I wasn't on very much recently was I was dealing with my Winblows HD's lack of space.

I had also recently (a fortnight ago) installed Apache 2.2 .

I was browsing when the famous "Low Space" alert popped up, which was weird as the last time I checked I had about 70GiB space left.

As I Deleted about 18 GiB of stuff, it delayed but didn't prevent the problem.

So, looking through my volume in Linux (I had so little space I could not log in!) using the filespace viewer, I noticed the Apache 2.2 error log file took up 97.6 GB! So, as Linux hasn't got proper NTFS Drivers, I deleted some more files and booted into Winblows, Killed the Apache moniter , disabled the service and deleted the error log file.

From my Calculations, the dump was growing at a rate of 2-3 MiB per SECOND. So obviously something was wrong.

If anyone knows why, I will be grateful to know why.

I'll keep this thread updated (if nessecary)
madmikeuk Wrote:From my Calculations, the dump was growing at a rate of 2-3 MiB per SECOND. So obviously something was wrong.
Well, you said you are running Apache, and are you running your server on the web, for all to view, or just on your localhost?
Because if it was out on the net, possibility someone was attacking your site, running up the error log.

Maybe I am looking at something wrong here. I dunno.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Dr Small
It was a local webserver for testing and development, so yes, It couldn't have been attacked.
That certainly don't make no sense, unless you had a script constantly trying to load pages that weren't there..
But I dunno..
Mike Wrote:but the reason I wasn't on very much recently was I was dealing with my Winblows HD's lack of space.
'jest as long as your still here! Big Grin

Sorry I can't help you with your problems, I don't know anything about Linux or running a web thingy on your computer! :blush: