Support Forums

Full Version: Bookmark quick folder 0.2.20061217 for Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ease bookmarks filing by allowing to select the destination folder quickly.

This extension provides a new item menu "Move ..." in the bookmarks panel contextual menu. When clicking on it, a dialog opens up that allows selecting for the destination folder by typing just a part of its path and clicking on the list of choices that pops up.

BEWARE: This menu option can only be accessed in the bookmarks panel shown on the left side of the main browser window. It is not available from the bookmarks top menu nor in the bookmarks manager window. This will be for future releases.

There are some options available to parameterize the search:
- case sensitive : the folder search will respect the case, i.e. english will not match against English
- keywords: if this option is selected, it is possible to enter as a search string several keywords (separated by spaces). Each of them must match the folder path for having a match.
- root folder: by default all folders in the bookmark hierarchy are considered during the search, it is possible to limit the search to sub-tree of the hierarchy.

This extension was inspired by Quickfile extension for Thunderbird written by Paul Tomlin.

Posted on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:12:57 PST at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4113/
I simply drag the bookmark into which folder I need it in, because my Add Bookmark Here extension locks my Firefox up when I try to bookmark it in a folder Sad
Same here, this just seems like it would take up more space...