Support Forums

Full Version: Read/unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can something be done about the read/unread images? I think this is a problem with MyBB. From the very beginning, the images haven't had anything to do with reality. I get the unread image even for threads that I've read and I get the read image for threads that I haven't read. I probably miss a lot of new posts because the indicators erroneously indicate that I've already read all the threads on a particular category. Does anyone else have this problem?
Did you go into the forum? If you did, it somehow automaticly marks everything in that particular forum read, I think....
I don't think I've ever had this problem..... :S
I noticed that when I login and leave the page up for any length of time, and it has new posts on it, next time I refresh it, the icons are now showing "read" posts.

And then, when I go to other MyBB Forums, sometimes I can't get rid of the "New Post" Icon unless I mark the board as read.... It's weird. But I think it's a bug in MyBB and should be fixed, if possible.

Dr Small
I think it marks them as read after a while. Happens to me sometime, but I browse everywhere so I rarely miss anything! ;)