Support Forums

Full Version: Contest: Advertising Wave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, here's how we play.
This contest is almost like Advertising Mania, which FW made, but a tad bit different.

What you do, is advertise THIS forum on others's forums by making a post and linking to this forum.
Make sure you sorta give a little introduction with this post you make, tell them what you like about the site, how many members and posts/threads we currently have (optional) ect. Just make sure it's interesting, and GIVE THEM A LINK!

Now, past that. Once you post the new thread on their forum, you can post a link IN THIS THREAD pointing to THAT THREAD on THEIR forum, and it will count as a "point" on here. Whoever has the most points (links) when the contest ends wins, and gets to pick one of the three prizes.

This contest ends January 1, 2007. That gives us about 1 whole month to do some hard advertising.
Here are the prizes:

Prizes:
#1st Prize: A forum totally your own. Under a new category visible only to members, you can have a forum with your username. Use it for your own purposes, such as posting news articles, ect, as long as it stays within the forum rules. You may have a password, so only certain users can get in, but Admins will be able to get in at all times. Approved by FirefoxWiz
#2nd Prize: A Square button of your color with your name, or your forum's name, or "Contest Winner" on it.
#3rd Prize: "WANTED" poster with your picture, name, and reason. (Can use a big sized picture, or a picture of you if provided. Also can either use your name or your username, you specify. You also specify your "wanted" reason!)

That's all, folks. The contest officially starts NOW!
Definately looks cool, Sara! I'll start advertising again! ;)
Just to add something, make sure you don't post on a forum where we've already advertised. Use "Search" if you have to. ;)
And always give a link back to the forum, I almost forgot that myself!!! :laugh:

http://www.promoteclick.com/showthread.php?t=2238

http://www.domainforums.com/showthread.p...#post17907
LOL!
till January 1st should give us plenty of time to advertise, and when the holidays die down, and people finally get back active on forums again, we should get alot of traffic! ;)

Nope, I haven't got any links yet, but AM working on it!
Sad

I guess this just isn't the right time for a Advertising contest. Oh well.
I reckon not, Sara.

But you could start thinking of a Firefox contest with Firefoxish prizes! Big Grin