Support Forums

Full Version: Check this out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someone has too much time on their hands.

http://www.msfirefox.com

Anyone else feel insulted? :firefoxlove:
Yeah, and they got http://www.msfirefox.net/.

They are just actin like idiots, IMO.
Yeah, FW made a post about it here.

I can hardly believe MS would stoop so low to try to mimic and mock FF by naming it MS Firefox... :\
Sara, I don't think MS had anything to do with this. Somebody's just havin' a little fun. In fact, I think it's kind of a poke at MS.

But I see a darker side to it. MS is trying to buy out Yahoo and AOL in order to compete with Google. (Can you say antitrust?) The best way to eliminate competition is to buy it. Personally, I think Google's getting a little too big itself. But I don't think that the answer is to make MS even larger and more powerful. It's not in America's best interest to have one or two monstrously huge companies that have the power to obliterate competition. How long will it be before we become the United States of Microsoft? Or the United States of Walmart? It's a little bit scary.
Papa Spot Wrote:How long will it be before we become the United States of Microsoft? Or the United States of Walmart?
Or, the United States of the One World Government.
With Microsoft as the leader in Computers,
Walmart in leadership of supermarkets,
and MSN in control of cyber-communications.

Dr Small
MiNT Wrote:it gets worse
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

Wow. I thought something like that would be, or was going on.
This needs to be posted on everywhere, and all Microsoft users need to read that.

Dr Small
I hope anyone hasn't bought a computer recently.

Nearly all x86 (and x86_64) Motherboards supplied in the last 6-8 months have the TCP (Trusted Computing Platform) 1.1 Chip integrated on their BIOS chip, meaning Microsoft could start this soon, especially as I reviewed the Vista beta, and having a look, there was literally a TON of TCP software. Not good. And with the TCP chip being able to only run software with the proper DRM Cipher (which is encrypted by 1024-bits and can only be generated by high-priced generator tools sold by DRM and TCP manafacturer, meaning only large companies like M$ can afford them), they'll eventually enforce it so that an authorized kernel can be run, thus meaning they can lock out Linux from any TCP-based computer.

Wow, that is a lot I wrote. I need to get a life.
geesh. I just got my new pc within the last 4-5 months, i think.
So where would you get a motherboard that doesn't have a TCP chip now?
Just watch your windows updates and make sure you know what your installing. I'm assuming* that if you don't have software on your computer that can activate/update the chip then your safe.

If enough people boycott these new treacherous computing computers then the technology will be scraped and labeled a mad communist dream.

*Dont take my word for that.
Pages: 1 2