Support Forums

Full Version: Firefox 2...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It crashed about 2 minutes after I launched it, so I'm back to IE7 Beta 2.

Yeah, great firefox. Tongue

P.S. here is the error report:

Quote:Upgrade for Firefox recommended

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An error occurred in your Firefox. Firefox was created by Mozilla Firefox.

Recommendation

A solution is not available for the specific problem you reported; however, Mozilla Firefox has informed Microsoft that a new version of Firefox is available. The new version may not fix the error you reported, but Mozilla Firefox recommends that you install it. To learn more about the update, click the link below.

Mozilla Firefox

Additional information

If you are not familiar with Firefox and you are questioning how the program got on your computer, it is possible that the program was installed with another program. If you are wondering why Firefox is running, many programs configure themselves to start automatically every time you turn on your computer.
Microsoft did not create, nor does it provide technical support for Firefox.
If you have trouble installing the upgrade or the problem you reported persists, please contact Mozilla Firefox and alert them of the problem.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.asp...9&SID=1778
Error Report? Where in the world did you get that? :S

Hmm, my Firefox 2 hasn't actually "crashed" on me yet.

But, here's the general questions:
Did you have many tabs up? If so, how many?
Have you installed any extensions?

And sometimes, certain websites will lock FF up. On my Mom's, CNN will lock up the browser almost every time, and I haven't figured out why yet. Though I'm just about at the end of my patience, and I'm about to try to create a new profile!

~FW
On my forum, and 1 tab. Only extention on, the Google Toolbar.
It's probably some bug in your computer then, because Papa Spot's Firefox kept crashing, until he installed it on another one of his hard drives.

Dr Small
Bah, everything is running fine. BTW, FF 1.5.0.8 and IE7 Beta 2 are runing fine.
FF 1.5.0.8? My Mom had that, and she told me it kept crashing, so she went back to 1.5.0.7! :O
All the 1.5.0.X were fine, aside that the default theme does not look cool,like IE7. Tongue

So, I'm sticking to IE for now. ^_^