Support Forums

Full Version: Constant hd thrashing - how can I change the sessionstore folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having problems with constant thrashing and noise of a new drive on my laptop (seagate momentus 5400.3 120gig - replaced it once, same problem). As such, I want to set all my temp/cache/log folders to either an external drive or a RAM disk. I found instructions for the Firefox cache - but using the Filemon utility I see that Firefox is constantly writing to the sessionstore and boomarks files.

If I go to about:config I see how to change the session backup interval - however, I would prefer to just set the file to a different drive or RAM disk as I don't need my sessions restored when I reboot. How can I do this? any other advice on reducing firefox disk access? Thanks!
The version of firefox on portableapps.com has been modified to access the disc as little as possible in a bid to extend the life of flash drives. Using that would be the easiest and probably most efficient way of reducing drive access by firefox.