Support Forums

Full Version: Accidentally deleted saved Firefox session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm reeeallly hoping someone out there has some input, as I am utterly clueless. Sad

I have a Mac and I use Firefox. I had a bunch of saved sessions on my computer under Session Saver.
I stupidly lent my computer to my sister, who went under Tools to 'Clear Private Data' when she was done using it. She inadvertently deleted all my saved sessons, and then emptied the trash.

I have tried using Recuva (cannot figure ths one out at all), Trashmagic (also did not work- probably my fault) and Data Rescue (needs an external hard drive which I don't have right now) and I don't know what to do. I need to get my last session back. It had 75 tabs of obscure work-related articles on it. No I did not bookmark them. Yes I know I am an idiot.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can retrieve a lost session once it has been deleted? Keep in mind that I am technologically slow as heck.

Thank a million!

V
Hmm, I really don't have a clue about Mac, plus the fact that I don't save sessions...
The clear private data function doesn't move files to the scrap directory, it just deletes cashes. So trying to recover them from the trash is futile. There are professionals at data recovery who might be able to salvage the data. however considering how much these people charge, its probably a better idea to recreate the sessions.

Sorry about that Verjuice.
Thank you guys for your input!