Support Forums

Full Version: Do you use Linux? =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For some time ago I found a Linux version called Ubuntu. Ubuntu is free for all and easy to use.

See more at www.ubuntu.com

I do not use it - yet - because I play games on my Windows XP, and I have about 90 GB data on my hard drive. But maybe some day I'll make a dual-boot or something Smile

Today I tried Ubuntu 6.06 on a live cd, where you play it all from the cd ... no installing on hard drive or anything. Works great, and I think it really good Smile

So, anyone here who run Linux on their computer?
I have SuSE linux 10.1 on my other pc.
I like it. Haven't tried ubuntu though. Maybe I should.
I'm sick and tired of Windows any ways.
My other pc has problems now though so I'm kinda stuck.
No, I've never tried or used Linux :tux:

Maybe someday, but for now, Windows!! Tongue

lol

FW
I use Windows.
I'd like to try Linux, if I could ever figure it out, but maybe eventually, I get enough patience to sit down and try to understand the installation.

Dr Small
I'll say, that it is VERY easy to run a live cd of Ubuntu. I just put the cd in, restarted it, and then it booted up and I could try the whole system without installing anything. It was really fast, but it will be faster, if you run it from hard drive - not a cd Smile
Ive been running fedora core for over a year now. I dont like ubuntu, its default theme and sounds, along with apt-get and sudo just drive me mad.
I am tring SUSE 10.1 X86-32, as it's, a 32bit Intel Celeron D.
BTW: http://www.coolestech.com/beta/viewnews.php?nid=30
Tongue
I ordered a live cd of Ubuntu, since I didn't want to go through the hassel of downloading 600 MBs Tongue The cd should get here in 4-6 weeks.

Dr Small
Dr Small Wrote:I ordered a live cd of Ubuntu, since I didn't want to go through the hassel of downloading 600 MBs Tongue The cd should get here in 4-6 weeks.

Dr Small
Took me 10 minutes. 0.o
It took you TEN MINUTES to download 600 MB??? You must have FAST internet!!! :O
Pages: 1 2 3 4