Support Forums

Full Version: Science and religion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Petite chien

Hi guys! I was talking to my boyfriend (DrPoodle - remember him?) on the phone the other night and he happened to say about you lot and that you all seemed to think science was evil and against God and everything. Now, I admit, he may have been exaggerating but even so, I found this shocking! I am christian myself, not to the degree that you lot are, I mean, I don't force my views on other people cos I happen to think they have just as much right to not believe in God as we do TO believe in Him. So, anyway, I don't want to cause any offence and if he was terribly exaggerating and you don't actually think that about science at all, I'm sorry, but here are my points:

1. Christians who don't believe in Evolution really really confuse me, cos to me, Genesis describes the process of evolution perfectly. "God said let there be light, and there was light" - creation of the sun, accepted by Physicists everywhere as the first stage of the creation of the solar system. "Let the waters under the heaven be gathered up in one place" - water first appears on the Earth and starts to form oceans, again, a stage in the Earth's natural history accepted by scientists eveywhere. "Let the Earth bring forth grass.." - plants appear on the land, a stage that occurs simultaneously to the evolution of aqautic life on the planet - a little out, but not bad for a bunch of Isrealites living before christ was born, don't you agree? "Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven" - the stars are born. Really this stage should come just after or even before the creation of the Sun, but scientifically, stars are being born all the time so it does make some sense. "Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creatures that hath life" - the first stage of evolution of the kingdom animalae which could have occured concurrently with the evolution of plantae, meaning that this is indeed correct - living creatures evolved first in the sea and then moved onto the land where the plants had created an oxygen rich atmosphere for them to breathe. The final stages are where God creates the animals we know today and then man. There is scientific evidence that this is the order in which we evolved.

2. If science is a bad thing, how come it saves lives? If any of you really think that science is going against God, try going without your clothes, food, houses, computers, mobile phones, dental treatment, painkillers, trips to the doctor, TV, cos these were all created with science. Science is like any of the great gifts we have - we can use it for good or bad. If some people use it to kill others then that is because those people are bad, not because science is bad.
I don't think this had anything to do with Firefox. Moved to the Lounge...
Petite chien Wrote:I mean, I don't force my views on other people cos I happen to think they have just as much right to not believe in God as we do TO believe in Him. So, anyway, I don't want to cause any offence and if he was terribly exaggerating and you don't actually think that about science at all, I'm sorry,
I don't force my views on other people either. I just simply state my opinions. Science.. now, see, I HATE science in school work cause its totally about scientists and it's sooooo boring....

Petite chien Wrote:you all seemed to think science was evil
* FirefoxWiz is confused.

Petite chien Wrote:1. Christians who don't believe in Evolution really really confuse me
....I really don't feel like making another "The Meaning of life"......

Petite chien

Well I only had Adi's word on it and you know how he gets, being atheist and all.....

Science is amazing!! I'm going off to do a degree in chemistry in 2 weeks, woo!
I already created a topic on this way back here.
But just for the record, if you don't want to view it, I'll add it back into this thread.

Creationism VS Evolutionism
Please watch it.

_ISR_m3rc_
Petite Chien Wrote:Well I only had Adi's word on it and you know how he gets, being atheist and all.....
Yeah, I think we all know. . . . . . . .

Petite chien Wrote:Science is amazing!! I'm going off to do a degree in chemistry in 2 weeks, woo!
:O AAAAHHHHH!!!!! Don't give me nightmares Tongue Science might be cool (and some parts of it is) but I just despise LEARNING about it cause its so BORING.. "The scientific method" for example Tongue
FW Wrote:....I really don't feel like making another "The Meaning of life"......
Where did the Meaning of Life go? I don't see it in the Lounge anymore ...

Petite chien Wrote:Adi
Adi = ?

FW Wrote:* FirefoxWiz is confused.
How'd you do that??? I mean, make it say your name and add the color.. Did you do the tags? or is it somethin new?
Beta Wrote:
FW Wrote:....I really don't feel like making another "The Meaning of life"......
Where did the Meaning of Life go? I don't see it in the Lounge anymore ...

Petite chien Wrote:Adi
Adi = ?

FW Wrote:* FirefoxWiz is confused.
How'd you do that??? I mean, make it say your name and add the color.. Did you do the tags? or is it somethin new?

Meaning of Life was moved because people kept posting in it asking questions that were already answered. . .

Adi = DrPoodle, I think.

Dunno, I typed "/me is confused" and it put my name in like this:
* FirefoxWiz just typed /me!

Petite chien

ARGHHHH!!!!!!! Enough with all the quoting already! I am perfectly capable of reading and using a scroll bar at the same time!!!!

I can't watch that video cos I'm on dialup, but what's the gist of it? And yes, Adi is DrPoodle, I'm so used to everyone knowing each other by their real name on drpoodle.com that I forgot you wouldn't know who I was going on about. And he can get argumentative but I love him to bits!!! By the way I'm only staying long enough to get my pro-science feminist left wing views across, hee hee...
Petite chien Wrote:By the way I'm only staying long enough to get my pro-science feminist left wing views across, hee hee...

And that is supposed to mean what to me?

Petite chien Wrote:I'm so used to everyone knowing each other by their real name on drpoodle.com that I forgot you wouldn't know who I was going on about.

Oh. So I guess you call happypenguin by his first name too then, don't you?

Petite chien Wrote:And he can get argumentative but I love him to bits!!!
You poor, poor girl.
There is something terribly wrong with DrPoodle, and there is only one cure for people like him.
Take him out back, blindfold him, and put him out of his and our misory by giving him some lead posioning.
Pages: 1 2 3