Support Forums

Full Version: Firefox 2 beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yay Firefox 2 beta 2 is here. I've just installed it. They've redone the default theme. ooh and I gotta say I like it Smile
Will probably take some time to get used to. Also they've redone the tabs (again).
Changelog:
PHP Code:
new theme that updates Firefox's familiar interface
    * Built in Phishing Protection
    * Enhanced search engine management and search suggestions for Google, Yahoo! and Answers.com
    * Improvements to tabbed browsing, including the ability to re-open recently closed tabs
    * Firefox will resume from where you left off after a system crash or browser restart
    * Better support for previewing and subscribing to Web feeds
    * Inline spell checking in Web forms
    * The ability to create bookmarks with "Live Titles" for Web sites that offer microsummaries
    * New Add-ons manager that simplifies management of extensions and themes.
    * Support for JavaScript 1.7
    * Extended search plugin format
    * Updates to the extension system to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions
    * Support for client-side session and persistent storage
    * Support for SVG text using svg:textPath
    * New Windows installer based on Nullsoft Scriptable Install System 
Source: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho/...2.0b2.html
Ooooohhh!

Can't wait to see the:
"Inline spell checking in Web forms"

Tongue
What's New Windows installer based on Nullsoft Scriptable Install System?
They've changed to an new Installing system, an easier to use and make changes (for them).
I'm using it on my software aswell.
It's not really what an normal user thinks about.
Ohhh, Ok. Just was wondering!

It sounds cool though!
I've done an screeshot of the new theme for Firefox 2. Smile
I'm currently using Norwegian language so sorry for that.

I just wish I could upload it >.>
Anyways.

Click me. Smile
Looks cool! And thats the default theme?
Yes it is. Smile
I downloaded and installed the Beta 2 and I will eventually like it. The only thing I don't like is the fact that none of my extensions work completely. They did update my two themes and SU works but is lacking a couple of features. It's been pretty stable. There's one Java chat that tends to crash it but nothing else seems to phase it. (That's as opposed to my IE which crashes about five times a day since I installed the Windows Live Toolbar Beta.) It's going to be great once they start getting the extensions updated.

Papa

Yes same everything is slowly making its way but I guess I will grow to like it.
Pages: 1 2 3