Support Forums

Full Version: Tip for downloading files...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know why Firefox doesn't let you click the checkbox to tell it to automatically download certain filetypes. It should but it's usually greyed out; for example, when you download an .avi from Rapidshare you always have to manually decide to save it, rather than Firefox just automatically downloading it as soon as you try to open any file with an .avi extension.

Anyway, my trick is to create a new text document, change the extension to .avi (do this for every extension you want to configure), and then open it with Firefox. Firefox will then give you the option of automatically downloading files of that type from then on - click the checkbox and OK it. The text document can then be dumped.

If this is common knowledge then just ignroe it, but I found it really helpful Smile
Smart. I never thought of that before. Thanks!
Hey...its a nice trick.
Thanks
hey

Thanks of your tips!
Hi..
Thanks for sharing the useful tips regarding the FireFox...
one of the basic thing that you should have to reminds,Backup your system just in case something doesn't go right. If you are using Windows XP there is a rollback feature that will allow you rollback your system to a previous restore point; make sure that you've created a restore point before downloading.
Its been amazing and i think tips you have shared here that is amazing and effective.
Nice one utuseless. Actually Firefox can give you support for the extension which is downloaded automatically if we check the option for that. But after checking it once you don't have to click on save from next time. So basically the extensions which are frequently downloaded from your site can be done automatically if you have do this.
Some time many useful data are downloaded in computer by online.If any data are download so it is selected then download option is selected .Thus it is automatically copied files your computer.You are visited download software sites thus if you click downloaded link is click which it is down load software in your computer.
Thanks a lot for sharing this type of tip with us. This is very helpful while downloading files.
Pages: 1 2