Support Forums

Full Version: About the Browsers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All i have to say even I'm 15 I can assure you the browsers on what I'm using

I'll share my best three
Version 1.1

1 Opera : First off is Opera, I am a major Opera user for its simpleness and features... Well i got only few thing to say about Opera. Since Opera claims to be the fastest Internet browser. The answer is yes its really true.. Opera 9.4 is much faster than Windows 7 and the old releases of Firefox and Chrome.

Features I love using Opera
  • Torrent Downloader : Well Opera got bittorent, there are only few settings regarding on torrents but its only the basic settings. The worst thing to happen while downloading torrents is when you have a 2Mbps connection. Download speed will display sky high to 4000+KBps, for the real reason its only 150-370KBps.
  • Easy Bookmarking : Well for Opera i can set my favorite 9 websites at Opera's Speed Dial. The only thing your going to do is add a website and just use the keyboard to choose the website. [From CTRL(1-9)] or setting up to 25 websites by editing speeddial.ini [To setup your own speed dial links go to (http://miya2000.up.seesaa.net/opera/idg/...rator.html)]
  • Easy Downloading : I got some problems regarding on downloads on Firefox, but for Opera the best thing is when your downloading from http://mp3raid.com it will download after you've clicked the download button.
  • Sleek and Fast : The part i loving it is using multiple flash programs. There is no lag and a big difference regarding on memory usage against Firefox.
  • Built in Mail : I surely love this part using GMail in Opera.. Using this feature lessens the greatly effort of logging in on http://gmail.com. But if your not so familiar with the feature you are able to use the standards instead.

Opera has the best security in my part and can read SSL 3 and TSL certificates. And also privacy even been better with it.

2. Google Chrome : Secondly is Chrome, the best thing about chrome is a phish website avoider. It has a updated blacklist for users to avoid logging in to Phishing websites.

Features I love using Chrome
  • Good JavaScript Processor : Well this browser is fast processor of javascript. Its really swift & fast. So dont expect that a javascript framework of 150KB will load slow but surely it will load fast!. But in some cases in my researching some developers said that Chrome's JavaScript processing is slower than Firefox
  • Great GUI : Well the best thing about chrome is the Omni Bar!. Merging both the address bar and the search bar. Well Firefox announced about the development on May 2008 but Chrome is the first one to do it.
  • Sandbox Mode : Well Chrome has the sandbox mode. It will surely fit the process in every active tabs that are running. Malicious cant sniff information onto the other tab when the current tab is infected. So for me it has better security than Firefox.
  • Stability : For this feature. Chrome will not interrupt or interfere with other process. Like for an example playing a game using chrome. It will not obviously creating lag but in some cases like low RAM. It will actually cause lag

3. Firefox : Third is Firefox, I have to say its fast simple and easy but got many features. There is one thing a problem to me when using firefox in slow computers. Its a MEMORY EATER. It eats your memory if your gonna use multiple Tabs and Flash Programs

Features I love using Firefox
  • Simple : Well firefox is considered one of the most simplest and easy to use Browsers. For me its true, and assuring you its newbie friendly
  • Plugins : Firefox got alot of plugins, so there are many plugins to choose from.
  • Fast JavaScript Processing : Processing JavaScript is much faster in Firefox than in Chrome. By its SpiderMonkey JS Scri
Oh well for Firefox being third. I personally love the fact that it is open source. All of these addons make a big difference when your using it.
(10-09-2009, 08:48 PM)Camgaertner Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well for Firefox being third. I personally love the fact that it is open source. All of these addons make a big difference when your using it.

I personally love Firefox... but in fast systems but I'll surely w8 for the 4.0 release
lol love firefox only broswer i use except when forced to use IE
Chrome can actually use a lot more memory than any other. Each tab is 1 process. So you have 5 tabs open, that's equivalent to having Firefox open 5 times.
Anyway, I prefer SRWare Iron to Chrome, both use the Webkit engine but Iron is more secure and faster.

Anyone who likes trying new things, try Avant browser, it's the fastest I ever used, has many skins, plugins and extensions. Give it a go.
http://www.avantbrowser.com/
hmmmm i'll have to give that a go Big Grin
(10-25-2009, 04:28 AM)iBruteforce Wrote: [ -> ]Chrome can actually use a lot more memory than any other. Each tab is 1 process. So you have 5 tabs open, that's equivalent to having Firefox open 5 times.
Anyway, I prefer SRWare Iron to Chrome, both use the Webkit engine but Iron is more secure and faster.

Anyone who likes trying new things, try Avant browser, it's the fastest I ever used, has many skins, plugins and extensions. Give it a go.
http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Well the browser is cool, got to say every tab is a process. Here's why

because there is something on that tab meaning on that tab there's an Anti-Spyware and a sandboxie mode