Support Forums

Full Version: iStock, Got Media to Share? Come!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi SF,

I discovered a new site for making money, it's truly legal, I just want to tell you how it works!

Sources: Here

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How iStockphoto works

iStockphoto is the internet's original member-generated image and design community. Get easy, affordable inspiration with millions of safe, royalty-free photographs, vector illustrations, video footage, audio tracks and Flash files. Buy stock or sell stock — or both.

Sell stock

How to sell stock in 3 easy steps
Join us
You must be an iStock member before you can begin to contribute. Don't worry, it's free. Sign up

Apply to be a contributor
Click the Apply button for the file type you want to contribute and start reading the manual. Once you've learned the ropes, you just have to take a quick quiz.

Photos Illustrations Flash Video Audio

Submit 3 samples of your art
After you pass the quiz, you will be asked to submit three original samples of art. Keep that manual bookmarked - we want to see your very best work.

Grow with iStock
Reach your potential
Blend hard work with creativity and you could be the next iStocker to quit their day job.

Learn from the best
Our international contributor base is always awake, ready to offer tips & tricks in the forums.

Challenge yourself
We're proud that our contributors meet the toughest quality standards of any microstock website.

Buy stock

Join us
You must be an iStock member to download our files. Start a free account now. Sign up
Pick a plan
Choose from:

Pay-as-you-go
Subscriptions
Corporate Accounts

Search and download
Use the search bar right below the logo to find what you need at iStock. Can't find what you're looking for? See search tips

Be part of history
In 2001 we had the crazy idea to sell stock images online for prices anyone could afford. It wasn't long before people from all over the world wanted to bring their own artwork to iStock. Now we're the world's leading stock destination. iStock is fun, rewarding and addictive.

What does iStock pay?
iStock pays contributors a base royalty rate of 20% for each file downloaded. If you are an Exclusive contributor you can earn up to 40%. Since iStock introduced Subscriptions in May 2008, there's potential to make even more on each file, especially for Exclusives. Learn more

Become Exclusive
We want you all to ourselves. Make iStock your Exclusive online royalty-free agent. You'll make a higher royalty rate, grab more of the attention, and you could get a chance to upload your files with Getty Images. Learn more

Exclusives can travel the world
iStockalypse was born in 2005 and it's an official multi-day iStock event where Exclusive iStock artists gather in a gorgeous location to produce art. We've been to Prague, Austin, Boston, Barcelona and Buenos Aries, to name a few. Learn more

Stay in touch to learn, win and save
iStock publishes 3 weekly newsletters to keep you up to date. Subscribe to the Contact Sheet webzine, the Tip of the Week, and get the latest great images from iStock and Getty Images in our Hot Shots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it will help the community and the artists Smile

So.Liberty
thanx for sharing it..
hrm. i spose it could work... not for me tho.
Be very cautious. It is actually very difficult to get accepted with iStock, if you don't have imagery that is unique, and can work as a STOCK photo.

Like... I make abstract fractals, and am very good with them... But they won't accept me because the images aren't exactly "stock" worthy. Here are the three examples I showed. I made these myself.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2u4naxu.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h4kieq.jpg

http://acidmods.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=1659

They aren't embedded because their size breaks the forum. :/
They're probably looking for more scenic, landscape, city skylines, or modeling stock photos. Thank your for sharing this. Blackhat