Support Forums

Full Version: Need help with my CD/DVD Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Satellite A215.
So recently the drive has disappeared all together, it still has power, you can put a disk in and it acts like it's reading it, but nothing ever comes up, I know it's not the OS, it stopped working and one day it did work, so I ran the original recovery disk it came with from the factory, stopped working the next day. It doesn't show up ANYWHERE, and nothing shows up.

I tried using another drive, almost the exact same model from an older laptop and still nothing.

Ideas anyone?
How old is it? Mobo might be messed up if you've replaced the drive. Are you sure it's connected completely?
Uhhhh around three years old? I don't remember exactly. And I've never replaced anything on this machine. And I've 100% stripped and cleaned this computer, cleaned & checked every connection/wire/etc.
I don 't know if its going to help but I have a205 model somewhere and after about 3 years same thing happened. Tried fixing it but nothing worked :/
Yeah, I just went out and payed $75 for an external so I can use my computer for school.