Support Forums

Full Version: Check out my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone here is my forum <snip> tell me what you think and by the way I will be redesigning it soon keep a eye on it Victoire
I'm impressed. You invested in a good domain name and MyBB plugins. What is the name of the theme?
It's my custom theme Big Grin
Good on you for installing the php signature plugin, too. Why not wear it as a hyperlink?
Links to hacking content are prohibited on SF, so you will have to promote it elsewhere.
Nonetheless, here is my review:

You've copied the rules from HackForums. Remove it. It is disrespectful to Omni and he will take action if you don't.

I see you posted a welcome message on 06-04-2010. The current board statistics are:
152 members / 2,116 posts / 531 threads

Your staff appear quite active. Some of your categories, like Java Jolt and Coding & Scripting, have a decent amount of threads. Design, Gamer and Exchange are relatively quiet by comparison. If you were proactive about it, get a member to host contests in Design, and another to host gaming nights for Gamer. Be cautious with a section like Exchange.

The category Computing and Web Mastering is mainly computing. Rename the category as Computing and don't add Web Mastering until all your categories are thriving. You need to focus growing your community, and adding fresh content regularly to the sections you already have.

Forum status icons don't match the theme, and I wonder if you could use stars instead, to match your favicon. It would be classier. Index view is easy to navigate, forum view is soothing to view and thread has social marketing widgets for easy sharing. I feel the buttons don't match the theme, either.

A good first impression is created from all the work and resources you invested. Keep focusing on your community.
(07-11-2010, 12:58 PM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Good on you for installing the php signature plugin, too. Why not wear it as a hyperlink?
Links to hacking content are prohibited on SF, so you will have to promote it elsewhere.
Nonetheless, here is my review:

You've copied the rules from HackForums. Remove it. It is disrespectful to Omni and he will take action if you don't.

I see you posted a welcome message on 06-04-2010. The current board statistics are:
152 members / 2,116 posts / 531 threads

Your staff appear quite active. Some of your categories, like Java Jolt and Coding & Scripting, have a decent amount of threads. Design, Gamer and Exchange are relatively quiet by comparison. If you were proactive about it, get a member to host contests in Design, and another to host gaming nights for Gamer. Be cautious with a section like Exchange.

The category Computing and Web Mastering is mainly computing. Rename the category as Computing and don't add Web Mastering until all your categories are thriving. You need to focus growing your community, and adding fresh content regularly to the sections you already have.

Forum status icons don't match the theme, and I wonder if you could use stars instead, to match your favicon. It would be classier. Index view is easy to navigate, forum view is soothing to view and thread has social marketing widgets for easy sharing. I feel the buttons don't match the theme, either.

A good first impression is created from all the work and resources you invested. Keep focusing on your community.
Hey do you have a MSN I would love to talk more about this could I didn't get exactly what you meant I am sorry for breaking the rule.
Hey dude...how can I get to your site?
I your site: <snip>
(07-11-2010, 02:02 PM)Đενɨаηсε™ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey dude...how can I get to your site?
I your site: <snip>

Yea thats it Big Grin