Support Forums

Full Version: Nervous about first day of work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I'm sixteen, and I got a job at a local Braum's recently. I start Monday, and I am rather nervous, as this is my first job. I will likely be serving ice cream to people, or doing the register. How can I be less nervous? I keep thinking that I might break the cone while putting the ice cream in it, or I won't know how ot make shakes if they ask me for one, and so on :/ How can I calm myself?
Drink a herbal cup of tea?
Take some xanax for the first few days until you get settled down & get the hang of it.
Pretty simple to get a script just tell your local pdoc that you are having some anxiety and need something to help relax you.
Meds isn't always the answer though and you probably won't want to do that. Tell people it's your first day if you make a mistake (even if it's not) and try laugh it off, they are not going to expect you to be perfect on your first few days of working there. Practice makes perfect, good luck Smile
dont be nervous
this is ur first job and they will give u training on what u need 2 do
i worked at a WaWa for my first job ( a convenience store with a deli and gas station for those of you on the west cost and middle america Tongue)
i had know idea how 2 do any of it but the first day was training
itll b ok
just do ur best and itll b fine
oh and dont steal....they dont like that very much :/
Relax don't think to much calm down try and make a friend.
Thanks. I think I'll be fine. I just had an anxiety attack LoL. Thanks everyone.