Support Forums

Full Version: Gpizzle's Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
me and my friend created this forums <snip> the entire thing is created like the theme and graphics we coded a little chatbox type thing its based off of facebook chat the wites <snip> rate it for me please I know a lot of people have an issue with the background im currently working on something different I have don't like it either xD
Links to hacking content are not permitted here. This is my review.

Fantastic domain name. The reference to Hack Forums is there, but you have really made the forums your own. You do make a mistake which many new administrators do, which is to have too many sections with too few threads each. It doesn't look good for visitors to see sections with 1-3 threads only. I suggest you move threads into more general sections and only create new sections when there are 15 threads to put them in. Forum descriptions are very informal and three sections in Gaming don't have any. Fix that.

Your friend metal is talented, no doubt. The transparent boards look good and 'Latest News' feed is a tidy and different way to display the latest posts. At first glance, the background looks really good with the transparent boards, but it quickly becomes an annoyance because it prevents readability of posts. It is probably best to seek a review again after you have replaced it, since it is a key factor for the site's appearance. As for the chatbox feature, I have to register as a member to view it. You may want to think about creating a guest account with limited permissions, for visitors to play with. It will certainly attract new members.

You need to start thinking about how professional you want the site to be, and how you will continue to attract new members. Your members find you friendly and open to suggestions, keep it up. Congratulations on your two new staff members, but organise your Forum Team so that Crimson and MonsteR are both listed under 'Staff' and testaccount is the only Moderator.

Hacking forums are prohibited from being openly advertised at many webmaster forums, and also here at Support Forums. HackForums is probably the only place where you can discuss how best to promote your site, and being professional about it will convince others to help you.

Good luck.