Support Forums

Full Version: Strange Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Afew days ago my computer started giving me a strange problem. It starts up normally and everything but after afew minutes anything connected via USB turns off and the computer fully locks up. The screen stays on and still displays a picture of windows with whatever I had open last, all the fans and everything on the computer operate normally aswell.

I thought this might be because I had too many USB devices plugged in so I removed them one by one until I was left with nothing more than a mouse. And it still happens, I've tried doing a system restore but that failed. I've heard that bad USB drivers cause this to happen or a power supply that isn't strong enough.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed? Reformatting isn't an option.

Edit: I should note that safe mode isn't working for some reason =\
Trying doing a restore point to before you noticed the problem happening.
I've tried that already =\ it says so in my first post.
Ooops sorry....trying reinstalling windows over your current version?
Reformatting isn't an option either, it's there in the first post aswell...
I didn't say reformat, I said install over your current install. All your files will still be there, it's just a new install without reformatting.
How would I be able to do that?
I'm not 100% sure if you can do it outside of your OS, but you can try to boot from your cd or dvd drive with the windows disk in, and instead of erasing/deleting partitions just install it over it and see what happens.
why did you say reformat is not an option, if your thinking about your files, just use a live cd to save your files.
I've got a TON of data that I just can't afford to lose.

I'm almost 100% sure it's my USB drivers. I'm using a non-usb keyboard and so far it didn't freeze once. Unfortunately, I'm operating my entire computer using only a keyboard so it's a pain in the ass!
Pages: 1 2