Support Forums

Full Version: What do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't want to bore you too much with a long paragraph of useless information but just recently I registered a .info domain, free of charge. The domain is http://www.techietips.info and the .net/.org extensions are also available. Instead of using the .info extension, should I purchase one of the .net/org extensions or do you think I should just scrap the whole "Techie Tips" idea?

If I do decide to purchase one of the .net/.org extensions, it will be used as a blog for technology related tips and tricks.

What do you think? Your input will be greatly appreciated.
I don't like the name "Techie Tips" so it is a no for me.

p.s. I missed checking that url, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
(07-04-2010, 09:13 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the name "Techie Tips" so it is a no for me.

p.s. I missed checking that url, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ah, I'll see what others have to say before I make my decision. With every domain there's going to be two groups, those that like and those that dislike. If the majority of SF dislike the Techie Tips idea, I'll scrap it completely.

& you're welcome. Smile
Maybe move this to OSHIT? I'd like to see other opinions too.
(07-06-2010, 04:46 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe move this to OSHIT? I'd like to see other opinions too.

That's a good idea. It'll definitely get more attention in the OSHIT forum. Thanks for the tip.
Techie tips comes off as a bit too... I want to say "childish" but that's definitely not what's on the tip of my tongue. Is it catchy? Yes. Is it easy to remember? Yes. Does it sound professional? Well, I don't think so.
I'm not struck on the name, but if you was to pursue it definitely move on to a .com / .co.uk / .net / .org. .info's for me aren't very, you know.
I don't like the name so much because there is a little bit of ambiguity on how to spell it. I would keep thinking until you can find something available in a .com
im not really smart wen it comes to that kinda thing
but since i didnt know there was a .info id go with the .net/org
hope that helps :/
Go with the .net/org

/post