Support Forums

Full Version: [TuT] How to Reformat your Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Korrupt's TuT on how to Reformat your computer

So you want to start from scratch, just because you like the brand new feeling of a freshly reformatted pc? Or has spyware and viruses or maybe you been infected by a Rat.You made your pc virtually unusable? Then the following tutorial will help you reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows. I personally reformat my HDD and reinstall windows at least once every 3 months. Please note, I am not responsible for any damage although I don't see how you can possibly damage anything whilst reformatting. Follow these steps exactly and you should be fine.

Step 1: Make sure you have your Windows XP disk. you then backup all my important data and all the Drivers you can get your Drivers by going to the brand of your computer and go to the website and type in your service tag [Image: 357ilqw.jpg]you put them into a portable hard drive if you don’t have one you can use DVD’s or CD’s. Make sure you have everything backed up and then disconnect the portable hard drive.

Step 2: Insert your windows disk into the Master CD drive and turn the computer off. Make sure you are disconnected from any networks. You will need to have your cd drive selected as your first boot device. If it not already selected, you will need to go into your bios and set the boot priority to cd/hdd, then with your Windows cd in your cd drive, save and exit bios.

Step 3: Turn on your computer. A screen will come up saying “Press any key to boot from disk”. Press any key (where’s the “Any” key gone?!). Now wait about 10seconds for the setup utility to be loaded. When asked if you want to set up or repair, hit Enter to set up Windows. Read the license agreement and hit F8 if you agree. If the setup program detects an existing installation of Windows and asks if you want to repair it, hit Esc to skip the repair. The setup program will ask you where to install Windows. Highlight the existing "C: Partition1" partition and hit D to delete it. Hit L to confirm. Next, hit Enter to install Windows on the "Unpartitioned Space". Format the space as NTFS - You will get an option to choose full or quick format. My experience is that quick format is for disk that have previously formatted. If the disk has not been formatted, then you will have to use the standard format option. Usually you will get a popup message "This disk can not be quick formatted" or something along that line. Then continue the installation. Please note: During the installation process, your computer will reboot. You will then see a message to press any key to boot from cd. Do not press any key a second time, otherwise the installation will start from scatch again. Complete the next several screens on the setup process and make sure you do not leave the administrator password blank. After following these steps, setup should be complete.

Step 4:Take your back up stuff like your drivers and install them. Also enable the windows firewall by going to Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Network Connections (icon on the bottom-right)>Right-click the Local Area Connection>Properties>Advanced tab>Check the box next to "Protect my computer and network...">OK. After this has been done. Now put back things that you backed up. Then update from the Microsoft website (including windows XP service Pack 3).
if you have windows XP.

Enjoy your Clean Computer ^_^
(07-02-2010, 09:26 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't take credit for someone else's work.
http://www.elitepvpers.de/forum/technica...ur-pc.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53502.html

im not i never said i wrote it.
i just did the pic
Well you should give someone else credits for this somewhere in the post.
Give credit man... you never said it was yours, but you never said it wasnt yours...
lol i love how i get - rep and i gave credit
and its says anonymous. i wonder who can it be
Idk if you're assuming it was me or not, but I'm not going to waste a rep point for that, and I wouldn't do it anonymously.
im not saying anything. its just to funny