Support Forums

Full Version: Define render.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and I wanted to get into graphics. I see the term 'render' come up in some forums and I want to know what it means. Could I also get an example of a render. Eg: a naruto render is .....
Thanks in advance.
AzNFlare
PlanetRenders.net has thousands of renders. A render is a piece of artwork (abstract or not) which is used in a bigger piece of art.

Example:
the naruto render would be the character in the following signature.
[Image: NarutoSignature-Smallborder.jpg]
That picture didn't work!

This is a render

(07-01-2010, 08:59 PM)Minus-Zero Wrote: [ -> ]That picture didn't work!

Link updated, failed for some reason. posted the wrong link Whistle
Welcome to the forums, AzNFlare. A render usually refers to the main image that is used against a signature background, as in DanPaq's example. It is often a cut-out of a human character, as in Minus-Zero's example. Non-human characters like still-life or abstract objects can also be used.

You can learn about GFX concepts by reading tutorials like this: Full Signature Tutorial.
Thank you for your input guys.
So if I said "Looking for a naruto render" would that mean I'd get an image of just naruto with a transparent background?
(07-02-2010, 01:34 AM)AzNFlare Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your input guys.
So if I said "Looking for a naruto render" would that mean I'd get an image of just naruto with a transparent background?

yes, that's exactly what you are looking for Smile