Support Forums

Full Version: Sharp graphics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to create sharp looking graphics from Illustrations but I don't know how to get it really crisp. (I've been trying just doing it free hand and with rulers etc..)..

Heres an example of what I am wanting to do..

[Image: keepitreal.jpg]

If anyone knows any tutorials that can help me create a sharp graphic image like the one above that would be really helpful thanks.
It looks like the drawing was created with a vector drawing application, like Illustrator or Raven. What graphics software are you using?
I'm using Photoshop. I have never really experimented with the likes of Illustrator but I will download it and check out some tutorials. Thanks.
Step 1: Design the logo you want to put on the shirt
Step 2: Find a stock picture like that one above with a blank shirt
Step 3: Play around with the blending modes and opacity
Step 4: Once you find the right blend of colors, use the Transform tool ( EDIT >> Transform >> Skew/Warp/experiment with others)
Step 5: keep repeating step's 3&4 until you have the desired effect.

Graphics takes a lot of time of doing, applying, redoing and reapplying and is the reason why many give up. If you don't give up you will find why so many people find it exciting to make art in photoshop...it's rewarding to do something you didn't image being able to do! Just think positive and take a break when you get frustrated and come back the next day. Working frustrated is the WORST thing you can do...I know, trust me.
Vector elements can be scaled without any loss of resolution, because the images rely on a constant algorithm. Programs like Illustrator are intended for creating images with vector elements (lines, fonts, logos, posters and banners) that will not pixelate at any scale.

PhotoShop is an image manipulator for picture images. It is great for pixel editing but inappropriate for drawing vector elements, which become pixelated and are never as 'crisp' as they can be in Illustrator.

If you know the exact size of your canvas, you can use PhotoShop to create a picture, import the finished picture into Illustrator, and apply vector elements like lines or fonts. The free online application suite Aviary has tools based on Illustrator and PhotoShop functions, to replicate an environment where you can switch between both.
Make it curve around the shirt more.

It looks like it was kinda pasted on :S

My opinion.
Thanks for the advice Eve.

@DanPac,
You misunderstood what I was asking.

@DancingCobra,
That image is not mine, and it is a photograph of an actual T-Shirt. I was just using it to show how crisp & sharp I want my own graphics to look. (The outlines of design).
You'll definitely want to learn how to create vector graphics for an image like that. You can create similar images in Photoshop called vexel images using the pen/paths tool. Vexel images are raster images that are made in the same way vector images are, the only difference is since they're raster they can't be scaled up without pixellation. Or you could download a vector program such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape to create a true vector image that can be scaled without any kind of distortion (good for t-shirts and posters, etc.)

Thanks for the info JDBar
Topaz Vivacity could help you out a lot with sharpening.

http://www.topazlabs.com/vivacity/
Pages: 1 2