Support Forums

Full Version: Had a bad dream.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This might sound like a sop story, but last night I had a horrible dream, I honestly think the worst I had. This might not feel the same for you, but it's for me.

We got a dog about a year ago from the RSPCA, tortured, abandoned and frightened. She was sick when we got her, I love her dearly, walk her almost every day, let her sleep on my bed, she sleeps beside me when waiting for my sisters and more. She's an amazing dog, quiet, delicate and just a great friend to have. I would never harm her, she's always nervous and anxious, afraid we might abandon her.

Last night I had a dream, about me needing to kill dogs for no reason. I had just killed one dog and thrown it away, then a dog about my dogs size comes up to me, I'm trying to kill it by stabbing it, kicking it, even almost cutting it's eye, it wouldn't die, it would just come back to me, and it was sad, in pain and so much. Something came over me, and I take the dog out of guilt and sorrow, and raise it as my pet. Here's the part saddening me and confusing me, at the end of my dream, I think something bad happened to the dog, I feel like I'm the one to blame, I don't know what happened, I can't remember.

I would never harm a dog, I love any dog, no matter what type, size, whatever. Dogs are my favourite animal, as I'm writing this my dog is on my bed. I feel guilt and sorrow from harming that dog in my dream, IN MY DREAM.

Am I normal or insane or whatever? I feel guilty for harming it, even though I know it's just a dream.
It's a dream so your considered normal. I also love my dog and always let him sleep on my bed.

I've had many bad dreams about killing and killing and I wake up in fear because it was like a horror dream. I've had a lot of fudged up dreams but now-a-days I don't have very many bad dreams or even remember some.
Hey mate there is no need to worry. Our brain works in strange ways and in dreams anything can happen even if it is not like us at all. I once dreamed I killed my family for fun which I could never or would ever do...

I can assure you that eventually the images and what you saw in the dream will disappear, you might remember the general gist of the dream but it will just be fuzzy. Dreams always fade away and remember they don't mean anything!

I'm sorry you experienced this buddy and if there is anything else you need then just post back Big Grin I'm here to help

Kind Regards,

- Sam
Tired of dogs?,
Dogs are incredible animals and i don't even know why peoples would hurt them, this dream sounds like a nightmare with no sense where you woke up feeling very weird and happy to see your dog Big Grin
I'd calm down, remember it is only a dream.

~A
Its a dream, since they are not real you don't have to worry.

Just continue to dream... you never know what else is going to come Tongue
I had a nightmare last night too...

You're normal, it's just a dream..
Kinda messed up but I think you need a cat now.
I once dreamed aliens invaded earth. It never happened. Trust me, dreams aren't a reflection of self.
Thanks guys for the comments, appreciated.
Pages: 1 2