Support Forums

Full Version: Gap Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

So basically I just finished college and have all the grades required for University. Problem is it's too late to apply for it so I have to wait a year before I can apply for it.

There is a course I could take next year but its like 40 miles away and an everyday trip would be very tiring.

So I decided to take a gap year to do more hours at my part time job and possibly to do volunteering here and there.

Any suggestions on anything else I could do to pass the year getting things for my CV?

Thanks.
What's your main course? I'd try getting a part time job in that specific sector.
Well I am going to be studying Bio-Medical Science at University plus I already have a part time job.
It's hard to get a job these days in the UK part time.
Hm..I'm not really sure what you could do as a part time. You could do somthing like a assistant, you should be able to with the graduations you have right now, shouldn't you? (I'm not aware of Bio-Medical Science at all. =P)
You could just apply for a bunch of jobs work each of them for a while and then quit, Build up your experience a ton and earn lots of money until your gap year is upTongue
Volunteer work, would be a great one, especially to get into a university!

~A
Haha. When you said Gap years, I was thinking of the clothes store.