Support Forums

Full Version: 7 > XP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
For all you who have used Windows 7, how is it compared to XP? Better Worse?
Its gotta be better than Vista lol
Just want to be sure before i switch
If your computer has decent specs it will completely demolish XP.

You won't be disappointed.
What about the personalization features?
Is it like vistas where you have to navigate through like 30 menus just to change the desktop?
XP > all.
(10-08-2009, 05:58 PM)SpydR Wrote: [ -> ]What about the personalization features?
Is it like vistas where you have to navigate through like 30 menus just to change the desktop?

Not at all.

1. Right click desktop.
2. Click Personalize.
3. Do whatever you want.

It's highly customizable.
Windows 7 is amazing! It rapes XP
Vista was fine for me but that might be because i had a good computer. But when i tried Win7 Beta i could really tell a difference between the two.

Quote:Is it like vistas where you have to navigate through like 30 menus just to change the desktop?

Just as many windows as XP
For me Windows 7 is better than XP.

Simply because it's so much faster, and Windows 7 can updgrade your drives automatically.
Wow sounds like Microsoft made something new that doesnt fail
I also heard that the boot time is faster than XP.
Does anyone notice a difference?
Yes is a little faster than xp.

Mostly depends on your computer specs, I'm personally using Windows 7 with no problems yet.
I've moved away from XP about 3 months ago... I use to have a dual-boot XP and 7... The VERY FIRST thing that i noticed on Win7 is that i never had to touch my drivers... I built my computer myself, and on XP i would load BIOS driver, ethernet, video drivers, sound driver, etc... Not here, my first boot, i only have to change my background picture, THATS IT!!! I was never a believer in VISTA to begin with, so i was VERY skeptical about Win7, but i tell you what, you're going to love it... I should take you about 2 weeks to become use to it, like you did to XP...

The performance is an issue though... You would want to likely run x64 preferably a Quad Core with at least 2.4Ghz... TIP: All(very much all) VISTA x64 drivers work with Win7 x64... The visual effects a VERY cool, and i haven't had any problems with games or anything...

I would SUPER Recommend Win7 x64 to ANYONE!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5