Support Forums

Full Version: Portal 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
E3 has helped shed some more light on Portal 2.

Availability wise it's going to be available on the PS3 in addition to the PC, 360 and Mac and is to be released in 2011.

IGN has their full E3 videos up here and the teaser trailer is up here.

To me the game looks harder and more manic than the original, but I can't wait to give those new game mechanics a workout.

Here is some more information on each mechanic.
Excursion Funnel "Asbestos is harmless!"
Quote:Excursion Funnels are part of an investigation into how well test subjects can solve problems while travelling through a churning funnel of liquid asbestos. Results so far have been highly informative. They cannot.

Aerial Faith Plate
Quote:Aerial Faith Plates are part of a larger trust experiment designed to help the enrichment centre discover whether the capacity for trust is effected by being catapulted into space.

Thermal Discouragement Beam
These look fantastic, but unfortunately there was no funny description on their test card.

Pneumatic Diversity Vent
Also awesome, also no description.

Repulsion Gel
Quote:Aperture's second attempt at a diabetic pudding substitute resulted in Repulsion Gel, a much sweeter, slightly less non-toxic form of fibreglass insulation that caused subsequently ingested food items to bounce off the lining of the dieter's distended stomach and out his or her mouth.

For various reasons, this was also pulled from the shelves.

Propulsion Gel
Quote:Designed as a diet aid and marketed under the name 'Propulsion Pudding', this sweet, largely non-toxic form of fibreglass insulation increased the velocity of any food that followed it through the digestive tract, leaving the body no time to absorb calories.

Propulsion Pudding was pulled from the shelves when it was discovered that digestion plays several crucial roles in the eating process, such as breaking food down into small, manageable chunks before it is violently expelled from the human body.
Thanks for the information MrD.
I just want Portal 2 now. >.<