Support Forums

Full Version: Is it true ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it true that Ubunto deletes drivers off of your computer ? I don't have it i just heard this and i am curious. Smile
No, If you install it inside windows using the wubi installer.
No, If you install it on a separate partition to your current installed operating system.
If you choose to format & install Linux Ubuntu using the entire drive, then yes! some drivers will have been deleted by you, not Linux!
(06-15-2010, 03:15 AM)Cheeseburger Wrote: [ -> ]No, If you install it inside windows using the wubi installer.
No, If you install it on a separate partition to your current installed operating system.
If you choose to format & install Linux Ubuntu using the entire drive, then yes! some drivers will have been deleted by you, not Linux!

Oh okay i see what your saying it would be me that deletes the drives not Linux. I have XUbunto on my flash drive, just messing around with it for the first time. And hey thanks for the answer. Smile
No, why would it delete drivers ?
(06-16-2010, 07:26 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]No, why would it delete drivers ?

I'm not sure. I just heard that from many people. Smile
Nope, i've been using Ubuntu for months and it's never caused me problems. I've had it on a single install, dual boot and even a triple boot. All with no probs.
I had ubuntu 1 and I had windows as well and I didn't had problems.
well i have it now and it doesen;t/
I had xUbuntu dual booting with Windows 7. Now, I can't reformat Windows because I'm missing drives. D:
Drives? Or drivers?

And even if you was missing drivers you can still reformat ..
Pages: 1 2