Support Forums

Full Version: 1053 error Server shutdown in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this is because the servers are timing out on requests. I'm using MyBB is there a way i can extend the time before they time out and produce this error?

Or does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thank you.
Are you on 000webhost?? If so there's nothing you can do about it, they regularly shut down their servers leaving your forums inaccessible.
I am, yes. The error is not there all the time it only comes up on occasion then when you refresh, it goes.
You'll need to ask them about it then. It's not being caused by MyBB, the actual MySQL server is being shut down. Must be a good 50 threads with people having the exact same thing on the MyBB community forums, and they're all on 000webhost.
The response i got was:

Quote:Please try using 'mysql_reconnect' command before each MySQL query and it should do the trick. (Here is some advice about mysql_reconnect: http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archi...-in-mysql/)

Any ideas - i've read the link but i don't know where to add it or if it'll help?

Edit:

I looked over at the MyBB Community and it's flooded like you say with this problem - is there another free host that you recommend?
Heh, never heard of any host suggesting to do something like that before, not even them. I'd imagine that'd make things noticeably slower. If that's required to make it even stay connected then it's ridiculous. 000webhost is easily one of the most problematic hosts. They've been accused by lots of people of scamming customers with their referral program or something too. Dodgy.

There's a sticky thread in the Chit Chat forum over there with some good hosts, but a paid host, even a very cheap one, would pretty much certainly be better than any free one.
For the moment, i've moved to x10. It's a bit slower but at least there's no errors. When i get some income i'll most likely be paying.