Support Forums

Full Version: *snip*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*This content has been removed*
Hey there, Mark. The name "MCompute" is a little unusual, and it doesn't provide an immediate association with white hat discussions. Consider a new domain name or a slogan which strengthens this one.

I see that you are using Orange Accent for your board theme. It is one of CAwesome's more basic themes, so I suggest using his more striking alternatives like Slick, or an alternative designer. Don't use Afresh themes either as they have become quite overused.

A common mistake with new forums is having too many sections, as yours does. Think about merging a few so that you can populate every section with threads. You can split up or create sections as your number of member-created content increases, but not before.

Board statistics are a total of 997 posts in 129 threads with 26 members registered. It is a modest start. There are two administrators and one mod, who have been actively posting threads: keep doing so. To attract more members and activity to your forums, continue to seek website reviews at sites which welcome them. Up to five separate reviews should be sufficient. Avoid link-dropping the URL and instead place it in your forum profiles and signatures.

I wish you well with your forum.
Thank you Eve,

I agree, mcompute is a little off the bat - any ideas on a more related domain?

I was thinking about this and you've give me an extra nudge to go ahead and change it, i shall be merging some sections together later on today.

Thank you.
Domain suggestions and slogans sent.
Thank you, a few good suggestions in there. Also what do you think of the site now; i've removed all of the Audio sections and merged Gaming - any other ideas?
Change the topical open discussion forums to sub-forums of the lounge.
One thing I disliked about this forum was the apparently timed javascript popup that said, "Don't just stand there; sign up!"

Users will sign up if the forum interests them. Javascript popups are annoying in general, especially those that are pushy Smile
Ah, good point. Yeah - i added that in. I might make it longer or remove it.
Congratulations, your forum is at the 1,600 post mark.
Thank you. Smile

I feel we have some nice content. It's just getting the word out there.
Pages: 1 2