Support Forums

Full Version: PSU wattage ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What PSU wattage should I use with the following componants ? Also can you please take the time to tell me if this is all compatible together, I'm sure it is but just need someone to double check :

I was thinking this one :
Sumvision 450W 20+4pin SATA Power Supply PSU - Retail Boxed

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Thermal paste 3.5gram

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 Socket 775 3.06GHz 1066FSB 2MB Cache Retail Box Processor

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 7.1 channel audio mATX

Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache

Crucial 2GB DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered

Casecom Shiny Piano Black Mid Tower Case with Red LED 120mm Front Fan and Side Window

ASUS HD 4350 256MB DDR2 DVI HDMI VGA Out Low Profile PCI-E Graphics Card

Coolermaster 8cm Red LED Case Fan
MOST THINGS ARE INCOMPATIBLE! I'm not going to find you all new hardware, but read my tutorial in my sig. It will help A LOT. Once you've picked out more new parts, post again.

1) Well first of all, I've never even heard of Sumvision so don't buy that.

2) Also, you don't need the CPU fan or the thermal compound, so you can delete that off your list. The CPU you picked out comes with both.

3) You should go with DDR3 RAM since you don't need to buy the other things. DDR3 1066 should be fine

4) CPU and Motherboard aren't compatible. RAM isn't compatible.
(06-08-2010, 12:18 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]MOST THINGS ARE INCOMPATIBLE! I'm not going to find you all new hardware, but read my tutorial in my sig. It will help A LOT. Once you've picked out more new parts, post again.

1) Well first of all, I've never even heard of Sumvision so don't buy that.

2) Also, you don't need the CPU fan or the thermal compound, so you can delete that off your list. The CPU you picked out comes with both.

3) You should go with DDR3 RAM since you don't need to buy the other things. DDR3 1066 should be fine

4) CPU and Motherboard aren't compatible. RAM isn't compatible.

Your totally wrong, the CPU and Mobo And RAM are fine together :S
you have been no help what soever
He was just trying to help, its the thought that counts.

Anyway, your PC specs are not very high spec (Don't flame me! its the truth, there still good, but you can get better if you understand me)
So, you won't really want a very high watt PSU, I would say, 750w max?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=CA-031-OC

That one looks pretty good, never had any experience with it though, but 600w should do you fine.

you can go less, of course, 450w sounds quite low to me, but you can still try it.
Close requested.