Support Forums

Full Version: Learning Languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everybody,

I want to know apart from English language what other languages are there which is very important for doing Business in abroad.

Thanks in advance
I presume it all depends where you want to work abroad .
It would be no use learning chinese for example if you were going to work in spain.
First of all Thanks for your replay,

I want to work at Germany, so which language do I need to learn? Is there any good language School out there where I can learn.
If you're wanting to go into Business, Engineering, or possibly Medical (this one is a bit iffy), learn Mandarin (or Cantonese), and German. Both Germany and China are huge in both Business and Engineering, but I've heard that if you're going Medical and wanting to work out of the United States, you should look towards China or Germany.

I don't think that if you're going medical you should learn either of these, but if you're going Engineering or Business, Cantonese, Mandarin, and German are all huge bonuses.
I would say Spanish, French, German.
Spanish, it's very popular, especially in the U.S.
Hi.

No matter where you work, you need to know English, of course.

For international business, definitely go with Mandarin Chinese.

If you plan to work in the oil industry, then go with Arabic or Persian (but preferably Arabic).

If you know you are going to work in Germany, then you need to know German. However, I'm going to assume you already know German.

If you are going to work in Germany as a businessman, German and English should be fine. If you are absolutely set on learning a third language, then go with Chinese.
Hi all thank you all for this great replies,

I know German but I’m in learning stage and my English is quite good . Is it possible to learn Chinese from home or do I need to join some Language courses..
(06-10-2010, 04:19 AM)mikinsmith Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all thank you all for this great replies,

I know German but I’m in learning stage and my English is quite good . Is it possible to learn Chinese from home or do I need to join some Language courses..

Hi.

First, what is your native language?

Most likely, you will need a class to learn Mandarin. It's very easy to learn improper stroke patterns and ruin your writing style. It'd take probably a year to fix that, and it's not worth the time it'd take when you can just learn the proper way in the first place. Chinese is a very complex language for someone used to Germanic languages. So, definitely take a class if you can.
Thanks a lot for your advice i'll join a Language Course then.
Pages: 1 2