Support Forums

Full Version: Have you gotten RROD on your xbox 360?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is for people who own an xbox 360 (of course).

If you have gotten the stupid Red Ring(s) of Death on your xbox 360, please state how many Red rings you got (1,2,3,4) and which led's lit up.

For ex. I got 2 red rings. These were on player 1, and player 3.

My answer: I have gotten multiple RROD. I have went through 3 xboxes. One had e73 with rrod (elite), the other had e74 with rrod (premium), and the last one had just rrod, which switch friend 1-4 led's lighting up.(this was a jtagged console).

Now let me here yours?
I got 3 red rings. Something to do with the hard drive and overheating. I don't remember the number rings that were lit up. I had to send it in. I got it back 3 weeks later with a free month of Xbox Live. This was my 1st generation xbox. It has still worked ever since xbox 360 came out.
(06-03-2010, 05:08 PM)iTz Realiity Wrote: [ -> ]I got 3 red rings. Something to do with the hard drive and overheating. I don't remember the number rings that were lit up. I had to send it in. I got it back 3 weeks later with a free month of Xbox Live. This was my 1st generation xbox. It has still worked ever since xbox 360 came out.

Well that is cool that it has still worked ever since. It sucks that it did RROD though and that you had to send it in to microsoft. That is the part I hate. It takes for ever for you to get your xbox 360 back after you send it to them. They should reward you more then a 1 month. They are a multi billionaire company. I am sure that they can afford it.
Yeah, I have a xenon mobo, got RRoD 3 times. Did the Xclamp fix, only worked for like a month, I'm probably going to do a ghetto towel reflow and if that doesn't work sell it on craigslist for like 20 bucks.

Edit: I hate microsoft Smile
I have one of the very first 360's released and I've never gotten an RRoD the only thing that came close to it was I didn't plug something in and it lit up 3 LED's I think.
Yes I have. But it had a warranty so I was able to get another at Best Buy for free.
Personally I've never had the RRoD on my console, yet mine suffers from a disc tray problem which results in the console not being able to recognise any game I put into the drive.

I have loads of friends who have experienced RRoD problems though. I would say I'm reasonably lucky because I haven't had it yet but I believe my problem is much worse as it happened about a week after the warranty ran out.

Microsoft, fudge you.

EDIT: LOL I love the word filter changing f*ck to fudge xD
Yes, I have had it twice. They were both under the three year warranty though, so I wasn't going to be bothered by attempting to fix them. Smile
I bought an xbx360 and it had the rrod and.
I dont know the reason.
I think it was "used"
I got like 2 RROD's, but all I did was restart my Xbox360, and it was working perfectly.
Pages: 1 2