Support Forums

Full Version: How to open your NAT (good for xbl users)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is easy.

Step 1: Go to Dashboard
Step 2: Go to My Xbox
Step 3: Go to System Settings
Step 4: Go to Network Settings
Step 5: Test Xbox Live Connection. It will sign you out. Wait about a minute so it finishes testing.

Once its done it will either tell you to reset your router/modem/what ever you use or say xbox live is up and running

Once you do that test it again and it should now say xbox is up and running.

Your NAT Type should be open (not moderate or strict)

If you are still having problems and if this tutorial does not help you I suggest you call microsoft at 1(800) 4MY-Xbox OR 1(800) 469-9269
OR
You can open your ports:
TCP 80
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074
UDP 53
TCP 53
To open your ports log into your router (I access my router by typing 192.168.1.1 in address bar) this will work for most people but some people have to put in something different.
Once you log into your router go to portforwarding and put in those ports to open them.

I hope this tutorial helps you.
Great tutorial you helped me alot
Nice Tutorial showed my friend it and now he can join my lobby on halo 3Thumbsup
Or if your router has a DMZ setting you can just DMZ the host your Xbox is.
Nice TUT. Doesn't it go back to moderate when you reset it again?
Great tutorial, I don't think I'll need this though.
Did this before but it always it always helps others.
(07-08-2010, 07:10 PM)BRSteven Wrote: [ -> ]Did this before but it always it always helps others.

Dude, this actually just got usefull right now.

I was trying to play on Halo 3 Multiplayer and I got an alert saying

"Your NAT connection is not active, game connection will be slow."
Quick question is it the same for ps3 users because I have a moderate connection in mw2 and it wont let me join my friends game
Nice tutorial. Mine is open on default, but I can now surely tell my friends how to open their NAT.
Pages: 1 2