Support Forums

Full Version: Please review this forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys Smile

Would some of you mind reviewing this gaming forum for me please? So far everyone on the site is currently happy with it, we are just lacking members and content. That's why we need some outside ideas on how to improve the forum and increase activity.

The forum URL is: www.GamersTalk.com

I would love to hear any reviews, suggestions and criticisms you have on the site.

Thank you in advance,
Beano.
It looks like a pretty good gaming site to me. I don't see anything that needs to be improved. I can suggest for you to advertise your website more so you can get more people.
(06-03-2010, 02:55 PM)hippypancake Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like a pretty good gaming site to me. I don't see anything that needs to be improved. I can suggest for you to advertise your website more so you can get more people.

Thanks for the feedback (btw it's not actually my site, it's just I'm the administrator there). Do you have any suggestions for advertising?

Any more feedback anyone? It is gratefully appreciated. The more, the better!
(06-03-2010, 03:06 PM)Beano Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback (btw it's not actually my site, it's just I'm the administrator there). Do you have any suggestions for advertising?

Any more feedback anyone? It is gratefully appreciated. The more, the better!

Yes, I do have some suggestions for advertising.
Advertise on websites. (tell the community what your website url is and what it is about)

If you have an xbox 360. change your name to the website name/mod your name to it/ create a new name to your website url. Put in your bio on xbox live that has your website URL in it.

Hope this helps!
(06-03-2010, 03:13 PM)hippypancake Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I do have some suggestions for advertising.
Advertise on websites. (tell the community what your website url is and what it is about)

If you have an xbox 360. change your name to the website name/mod your name to it/ create a new name to your website url. Put in your bio on xbox live that has your website URL in it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm going to make a thread advertising the site on a few forums soon.

Yes I do have an Xbox 360. I'm currently sorting out an account to change the name on. I also send a link to the site to all my Recent Players Big Grin

Any more feedback guys? I would be grateful if as many people on here could post their opinions in order for us to improve the site.
Howdy, Beano.

We all know GT is a great site - design is perfect. Just need to figure out how to get more members. Don't worry, though, it'll come over time.
(06-04-2010, 02:42 AM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy, Beano.

We all know GT is a great site - design is perfect. Just need to figure out how to get more members. Don't worry, though, it'll come over time.

Thanks for your kind comments, I'm sure the designers of the site are very pleased with the work they have done.

Yeah we have a contest starting over the next few days and I'm going to email our 7000 inactive members and use the contest to promote the site as much as I can.

Thanks again Thumbsup
I'll be objective.

The colour scheme of this site is quite safe and the navigation is easy. The initials "GT" in the board icons are a bit large, and tend to look unnecessarily repetitive when in a column. The boards with 1 to 11 threads require more content from the forum staff. The sidebar lists 30 threads, which is a wall of text to look at. Try making it 15, or even 10.

Contests are a great way to encourage site membership. Besides targeting the 7K inactive members, create contests to reward your currently active members. It is advantageous that Gamers Talk is advertised on HF and you should make the most of it. Find out if there are plugins to enhance a member's experience of the site, for example: added features, added content, added access. Specify the rewards to be offered for specific contributions. Study up on social networking tools and creative ways to encourage your member base to use them.

Source: Material here on SF and observing how Omniscient interacts with his forum members.
(06-05-2010, 04:19 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be objective.

The colour scheme of this site is quite safe and the navigation is easy. The initials "GT" in the board icons are a bit large, and tend to look unnecessarily repetitive when in a column. The boards with 1 to 11 threads require more content from the forum staff. The sidebar lists 30 threads, which is a wall of text to look at. Try making it 15, or even 10.

Contests are a great way to encourage site membership. Besides targeting the 7K inactive members, create contests to reward your currently active members. It is advantageous that Gamers Talk is advertised on HF and you should make the most of it. Find out if there are plugins to enhance a member's experience of the site, for example: added features, added content, added access. Specify the rewards to be offered for specific contributions. Study up on social networking tools and creative ways to encourage your member base to use them.

Source: Material here on SF and observing how Omniscient interacts with his forum members.

Thanks for your comment.

First off, the GT icons are to display when there are new posts in the section. The icons are grey when there are no new posts and orange when there are.

Secondly, the sidebar is split into three separate tabs, showing ten threads per tab. I think your browser may possibly be having a problem if you can see all 30 threads at once.

In regards to the contest, I've started it just now. The contest should hopefully bring in a few more members but will also give our very valued current members a chance to feel appreciated and have a chance at winning some cool prizes.

I'm promoting the site as much as I can on social networking sites, I'm also sorting out a GamersTalk Xbox Live account so members will here about the site whilst playing with me.

Thanks for your comments, Eve.
It seems to be very clustered try to make it more of a open feel.
Pages: 1 2